This easy 5 ingredient Corn Casserole is a great southern style side dish, and takes next to no effort. Seriously, just mix up the ingredients, then stick it in the oven.
It’s a versatile dish that would go great on a holiday spread. But it’s so good, you just might want to eat it all year long!
Five ingredients. That’s all you need to make this classic southern corn casserole, which is kind of like a moister, jazzed up version of Cornbread.
It might be the easiest side dish you’ve ever cooked!
Why You’ll Love this 5-Ingedient Corn Casserole
- It’s totally effortless. You don’t need any cooking skills to perfect this.
- You can pair it with lots of different mains.
- It can be your pantry staple side dish.
- You can make it ahead of time, to save time when preparing a holiday feast.
- There are so many variations. We’ll give you some of our favorites later in the post.
- It’s easy to double if you’re feeding a big crowd.
- You can even make it in a crock pot.
- Corn – canned or frozen.
- Creamed corn – if you want to make it really special, use our easy Creamed Corn recipe.
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Sour cream
How to Make Jiffy Corn Casserole
Melt the butter in the microwave. Then mix all of the ingredients together. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, then bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
TIP: Cooking time can vary by oven. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the casserole. If it comes out clean, the casserole is done.
See, I told you it was easy!
What to Serve with Corn Casserole
It definitely deserves a place on your Thanksgiving and Christmas spreads.
This recipe is for a basic version, but there are so many possibilities…
- Add in a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It goes great with some crumbled bacon mixed in.
- Many recipes include 2 eggs in the mixture. This creates a lighter, fluffier corn casserole.
- For a sweeter version, add in 1/4-1/2 cup sugar. Try the basic version first, as it does get some sweetness from the Jiffy mix.
- Add diced jalapeños for a spicy corn casserole.
- Add chili powder, cilantro and cotija cheese for a Mexican Street Corn inspired casserole.
Have some more variation ideas? Be sure to share them in the comments section!
Can You Make Corn Casserole without Jiffy?
You sure can! In its place, use:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Can You Make Corn Casserole in a Crock Pot?
Though it won’t get the golden brown top, corn casserole is still great in a crock pot. This is a good option for holidays when the oven is already full.
Simply add the mixture into the crock and cook for 2.5-3 hours on high.
Leftovers and Storage
You can refrigerate leftover corn casserole for 4-5 days. Either keep it in an airtight container, or cover the casserole dish with cling wrap
Whether you’re planning a holiday feast, or just feeling corny, this easy creamed corn recipe is sure to be a hit. Give it a try, you may never go back to regular cornbread.
Pin or bookmark this great recipe so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
Corn Casserole, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 15oz corn kernels, drained
- 15oz creamed corn (or 2 cups homemade creamed corn)
- 8.5oz Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients until well mixed, then transfer to a greased 2qt baking dish.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9x13 baking dish.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 55mgSodium 380mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 5g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.