If you’re ready to spice things up, this easy 5-ingredient Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is the way to go!
It’s the ultimate dump and go recipe, and will be a big hit at all of your get togethers. Plus, it’s one of the most versatile recipes you’ll ever make.
Oh, we have plenty of serving suggestions that we’ll be sharing later in the post…
With the Super Bowl just days away, we wanted to cook you up something that would be perfect for your party.
Along with our Barbacoa Pork, Crack Chicken, and Cajun Pulled Pork, this Buffalo Chicken is one of the best game day foods that magically cook in your crockpot.
And this one is especially for my fellow spice lovers!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken – Boneless skinless breast.
- Hot sauce – The star.
- Ranch seasoning – For balance. Note that this is the powdered seasoning, not the dressing.
- Honey – Just a bit, it helps cut down the saltiness.
- Butter – Because butter makes everything better.
What Kind of Hot Sauce to Use
The original buffalo wings were made with Franks Red Hot. It is a cayenne pepper based hot sauce. While it works great as a coating for wings, in this recipe the chicken is enveloped in the hot sauce.
While you can certainly go with the original if you prefer, we find it a bit too salty in the amount that it is used. Our preferred hot sauce for this recipe is Crystal, which has about half of the sodium.
Other good options are Tabasco or Valentina.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Place your chicken breasts in the crockpot, followed by ranch seasoning, honey, hot sauce and butter.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
After cooking, remove most of the liquid to a bowl. Shred the chicken with two forks, then gradually add back in the liquid, stirring as you go. You may not use all of the liquid, it depends on how saucy you want it.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken
We could probably come up with a hundred different ways to use Buffalo Chicken. Here are some of our favorites:
- Serve this spicy shredded chicken is on buns, along with some crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing.
- It’s also great as a filling for tacos and burritos.
- Keeping it low carb? Think lettuce wraps.
- Make a buffalo chicken flatbread pizza, along with cheese and veggies.
- Use it as a topping for nachos along with some cheddar or colby jack cheese.
- Make a bowl meal with buffalo chicken and veggies atop your favorite grain.
- Mix in 8oz of cream cheese, place it in a casserole and cover with shredded cheese. Bake till the cheese is melty for the ultimate party dip.
Storage and Leftovers
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken refrigerates beautifully in an airtight container. As it sits, the flavors get accentuated. Use within 3-4 days.
You can freeze it for future meals in airtight containers. So yes, even if it’s not for big crowds, go ahead and make a huge batch, you won’t regret it. Use within 3 months for best quality.
Cook up a this versatile Crockpot Buffalo Chicken this week. It’s just the spicy dish you need for your get togethers. And let us know your favorite way to serve it!
Save or pin this recipe, so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new recipes for you!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Try these other great dishes in your Crockpot!
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Guinness Beef Stew
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is an easy 5-ingredient dish that's super versatile and perfect for game days and other get togethers.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1oz ranch seasoning
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 6oz Louisiana style hot sauce (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot, followed by ranch seasoning, honey, hot sauce and butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking, remove most of the liquid to a bowl. Shred the chicken with two forks, then gradually add back in the liquid, stirring as you go. You may not use all of the liquid, it depends on how saucy you want it.
- Options include Crystal, Franks Red Hot, Tabasco, and Valentina.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 127mgSodium 455mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 36g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.