Add some Mediterranean flair to your breakfast rotation with this easy and tasty Mediterranean Omelette! Beautiful in its simplicity and fresh flavors, this is a breakfast you’ll keep coming back to.
All you need is a few basic ingredients to make this come together. And it’s a great start to your day with protein and plenty of veggie power from cherry tomatoes and spinach.
Sound good? Read on…
How many of you are looking for some new breakfast recipes? Something other than basic scrambled eggs. This Mediterranean themed omelette is the answer!
It combines the freshness of veggies and parsley with the salty brininess of kalamata olives and the tanginess of feta cheese. So simple, yet so good!
Ingredients for Mediterranean Omelette
- Eggs – 2 to 3 per omelette, depending on your appetite.
- Cherry Tomatoes – I love them!
- Spinach – Great nutrition.
- Parsley – For some added flavor.
- Kalamata Olives – In their absence, you can use regular black olives.
- Feta cheese – Really takes this omelette to the next level.
Tips for the perfect omelette
- Let your eggs come to room temperature. Take them out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before beating them.
- Beat the eggs properly. They should be uniform in color and slightly frothy after beating.
- Use the right pan. An 8-9 inch non-stick skillet is perfect. If you use a larger pan, the omelette becomes too thin.
- Don’t overcook the eggs, otherwise they will get hard.
How to make Mediterranean Omelette
Crack the eggs in a bowl (2 or 3 per omelette) and whisk them with salt and pepper.
Heat some olive oil in a skillet. Add in spinach, halved cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, and chopped parsley. Saute until spinach wilts. Plate them out.
In the same pan, add more oil and pour in the whisked eggs. Let it set for a minute or two. You have an option to keep it like a plain crepe or give it a little stir with a spoon to make it a little fluffy. Flip it over cover with a lid and cook till desired doneness (I did about two minutes).
Remove to a plate, spread on the veggie mixture and give it a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese.
What to serve with Mediterranean Omelette
It’s a nutritious, low carb breakfast all on it’s own. If you want something on the side, our first choice would be your favorite variety of toast.
Other options could be grits or sauteed potatoes.
- As mentioned, kalamata olives can be substituted with black olives.
- Add some very thinly sliced sundried tomatoes to the veggie mixture for a bolder flavor.
- If you want a little kick, add some crushed red chili flakes when cooking the veggies.
- Artichoke hearts, mushrooms or bell peppers would make great additions.
- Play with herbs. Some fresh basil or oregano would also go great here.
So there you go friends, an easy and fresh new breakfast to add to your rotation. Try this Mediterranean omelette soon, I’m sure you’ll love it.
Pin or bookmark this recipe so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to our mailing list, we’re always cooking up new recipes…
Mediterranean Omelette, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Crack the eggs in a bowl (2 or 3 per omelette) and whisk them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add in spinach, halved cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, and chopped parsley. Sauté until spinach wilts. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, add more oil and pour the whisked eggs for one omelette. Let it set for a minute or two. You have an option to keep it like a plain crepe or give it a little stir with a spoon to make it a little fluffy. Flip it over cover with a lid and cook till desired doneness (I did about two minutes).
- Remove to a plate and cook egg mixture for second omelette using same method..4
- Spread on the veggie mixture and give it a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.