Canned salmon is such a great ingredient to keep in your pantry. It’s versatile, packed with lean protein, and is super budget friendly!
That’s why we decided to compile this great list of easy Canned Salmon Recipes for you to make and enjoy with your family.
You’ll find everything from patties to salads, pastas to wraps, and so much more.
Go through all of these great recipes. You’ll never have to wonder “what to make with canned salmon?” again! Have fun…
The Best Canned Salmon Recipes:
1. Salmon Patties
Here’s how to make the best Salmon Patties! These Salman Patties are tender and flaky on the inside, golden and crispy outside.
This easy canned salmon patty recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner, which will be loved by your entire family.
2. Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl
Here’s a super easy recipe that only takes about 5 minutes if you have already cooked rice.
This Salman Bowl has sushi themed flavors, and gets some kick from sriracha.
3. Spicy Salmon Sushi Roll-Ups
Homemade sushi is easier than you would think, it’s less expensive than takeout, and it’s really fun to make.
These super delicious sushi rolls are packed with flavorful ingredients and will be a great weeknight dinner.
4. Tex Mex Salmon Black Bean Burrito Bake
Make it a Tex Mex night with this easy and delicious Salmon Black Bean Burrito Bake.
This healthy bowl is super delicious and is packed with nutritious ingredients.
5. Mediterranean Salmon Orzo Salad
This Mediterranean Salman Orzo Salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare for lunch or dinner!
Packed full of fresh flavors and textures, it makes a healthy main dish or side dish that all will enjoy.
6. Salmon Salad
Here’s a great main dish salad with chopped vegetables, flaky fish, and zesty lemon vinaigrette. It has plenty of protein and healthy fats, so it becomes nutritious and delicious too.
It’s kid-friendly and great for lunch or a snack.
7. Salmon Macaroni Salad
Spruce up your potluck favorite with this easy and delicious salmon macaroni salad.
It’s a great side for your usual cookout favorites, and is also a good make ahead lunch option.
8. Eggs Benedict With Canned Salmon & Herby Hollandaise
This recipe is a tasty and delicious variation on the classic with canned salmon, a poached egg, and topped with herby hollandaise sauce.
Eggs Benedict With Canned Salmon & Herby Hollandaise recipe is sure to impress your family and friends.
9. Salmon Loaf
Forget meatloaf, this salmon loaf is a healthier alternative that uses your favorite pantry staple.
It’s a great recipe for a fallback supper or lunch when you don’t have anything fresh on hand. It is definitely a fast and easy way to get food on the table.
10. Fresh Spring Rolls With Salmon and Peanut Sauce
We just love these Fresh Spring Rolls With Salmon and Peanut Sauce. They’re filled with salmon and veggies, and come with a wonderful peanut dipping sauce.
They’ll make a fun appetizer for your next Asian night..
11. Easy Salmon Cream Cheese Ball
Liven up your next party appetizer spread with this salmon cream cheese ball. It’s a simple mix of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and other flavorful ingredients, then finished off with pecans and herbs.
It’s a wonderful canned salmon recipe that your guest will love.
12. 15-Minute Canned Salmon Dip
Need a fast and easy appetizer that pleases the crowd? Try this Canned Salmon Dip recipe! If you have a can of salmon in your pantry, this is a great use for it.
Serve this up at your next party.
13. Kale and Salmon Caesar Salad
This Kale and Salmon Caesar Salad is healthy and satisfying!
The traditional Caesar salad gets leveled up in this recipe thanks to hearty kale, canned salmon, and all other flavorful ingredients.
14. Canned Salmon Salad
Canned Salmon Salad is easy to make and perfect for meal prep. It’s a super versatile salad that is going to become a regular in your rotation.
Use it for sandwiches, lettuce wraps, or serve it alongside some crackers and fresh veggies.
15. Spicy Salmon Burgers
These Spicy Salmon Burgers are incredibly flavorful, and the recipe couldn’t be any easier.
They’re a great lighter alternative to your regular beef burgers.
16. Salmon Croquettes
When you crave something crispy fried, this Salmon Croquettes recipe is going to be your new favorite.
They are a great pantry staple recipe that will be loved by the whole family.
17. Salmon Pasta Salad
This Salmon Pasta Salad recipe is a great new addition to your cookout spread.
It’s easy, creamy and full of veggies.
18. Canned Salmon Pasta
This Canned Salmon Pasta recipe is a great quick weeknight dinner option, that’s also super budget friendly.
Keep this recipe handy for those hectic nights.
19. Canned Salmon Crostini: 3 Ways
Canned Salmon Crostini are a great party appetizer.
The recipe includes 3 ways of making this super delicious Canned Salmon Crostini, which is elegant, easy, and best of all delicious.
20. Canned Salmon Salad with Curry-Spiced Mayo Dressing
This Canned Salmon Salad with Curry-Spiced Mayo Dressing is a flavor packed salad great in crackers, sandwiches or a bed of lettuce.
It is so good, yet so simple.
So there you go, twenty amazing canned salmon recipes. Don’t they all look delicious? Which ones will make their way into your regular rotation?
Save or pin this collection of great recipes so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 1 15oz can salmon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Open the can of salmon and drain off the liquid. Remove skin and bones from salmon (if not using boneless skinless) and place meat in a mixing bowl.
- First, chop bell pepper, green onion and parsley. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped pepper and sauté until softened but still firm. Add capers and cook one additional minute. Meanwhile, crush crackers.
- Add all ingredients to bowl, minus the butter and remaining oil. Mix thoroughly but gently. You want to leave the salmon flakes somewhat intact, so don't mash it too much.
- Form mixture into eight evenly sized patties (these will take about 1/3 cup of mixture each), and place on parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat butter and remaining oil in skillet over medium heat and remove patties from refrigerator. Once skillet is hot, add patties. As they are a little fragile prior to cooking, you may find them easier to handle using two spatulas. You don't want them too crowded, so unless it is a large pan, cook four at a time. Cook 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate to absorb extra oil. Serve hot.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.