Flatbreads are Fantastic… Fancy… and Fun meals!! And this Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread is absolutely gorgeous, and would be a WOW-worthy center piece for get togethers and parties.
Plus, is its super quick and easy too. Make this sweet and savory gourmet flatbread today, and get amazed with the simple, yet elegant flavors.
We love Flatbread Dinners here at the Beisers’. Have you checked out our Steak Gorgonzola Flatbread and Smoked Salmon Flatbread? They not only look pretty, but are loaded with amazingly delicious flavors.
Todays flatbread is just an extension of the flatbread series… this stunning Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread!!!
We first made this Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread on our recent England visit, for our small little pizza party at one of our Airbnb stays. This is such an easy recipe that can be whipped up by anyone… even our 4 year old.
Noah loved his pizza and approved of this flatbread pizza with very unique ingredients. Yes, they work beautifully. The sweetness of figs compliments well with salty prosciutto and creamy burrata, all accentuated with honey and sea salt in the end. Absolutely finger licking!!
Why we love this Flatbread Recipe
- Easy last minute pizza night dinner, by using store bought flatbread. No need to knead the dough and make a pizza base. Great for a quick meal.
- Delicious way to use fresh figs.
- Acts as great appetizer for get togethers, or a stand alone dinner.
- Since it looks stunning, it’s great for wow factor with company, and tastes equally great.
- Requires minimum prep time and quick bake time.
Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread Ingredients
- Flatbread – You can use any available shape for flatbread. This recipe will be great on naan flatbread too.
- Figs – Ripe and sweet figs are ideal for this recipe.
- Prosciutto – Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served as an appetizer.
- Burrata Cheese – In its absence, goat cheese is a great alternative.
- Arugula – Gives great peppery notes
- Flavor enhancers – Sea salt and honey.
How to Make Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread
This flatbread recipe can’t get any easier.
1. Bake the flatbread: Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake flatbread 8-9 minutes, until starting to crisp.
2. Arrange the Toppings: Place the flatbread on a serving platter. Arrange the burrata slices, prosciutto and figs all over. Top it with arugula. Season with a little sea salt, drizzle honey, and serve immediately.
How cool is that!!
- Use pizza dough and make a pizza base instead of flatbread, and use the same toppings for Prosciutto Pizza with Figs.
- Bake the flatbread with the toppings, except arugula. Baking it with toppings would yield a little different flavor profile. Garnish it with fresh arugula once it comes out of oven.
- Use different cheeses instead of burrata like goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, gorgonzola or feta.
- In absence of figs, you can try fig jam or preserves to spread over the base, or even use dried figs. You can use fig jam and fresh figs together too in this flatbread, for more sweet notes from this delicious fruit.
- You can drizzle the pizza with balsamic glaze.
When the pizza cravings hit hard, and you have neither the time or energy to bake pizza from scratch, make this super quick and super easy flatbread pizza.
Buy some prosciutto, a little burrata and lots of figs… and make this beauty happen. Let us know how you like these new flavors on your pizza. We love to hear all about it. Until then…
Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 2 store bought flatbreads
- 16oz figs, sliced
- 4oz Prosciutto
- 8oz Burrata cheese, sliced or scooped
- 1/2 -1 cup arugula
- sea salt to taste
- honey to drizzle as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake flatbread 8-9 minutes, until starting to crisp.
- Place the flatbread on a serving platter. Arrange the burrata slices, prosciutto and figs all over. Top it with arugula. Season with a little sea salt.
- Drizzle honey and serve immediately.
- For a different flavor profile, bake the flatbread with all toppings except arugula. Once out of the oven, add on arugula.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.