Tiktok ramen is a super quick pantry staple dish that went crazy viral in 2021. Boil up some ramen, drain it, cook in a homemade sauce and scramble in an egg.
Almost like a cross between ramen and fried rice, it’s savory, sweet, umami, garlicky, a little spicy, and is uniquely flavored with everything bagel seasoning.
If you need something super quick, give this popular ramen hack a try!
Let’s face it. Ramen noodles don’t get the respect they deserve. Sure they’re one of the cheapest things you can eat, and, well, they’re not exactly the healthiest food.
But despite all that, they’re one of the most popular comfort foods in the world. Who can honestly say they don’t enjoy slurping down a bowl of them every now and then?
So when we started hearing about this Tiktok ramen, we had to give it a try. Even though we don’t use Titktok, the recipe sounded interesting.
We usually eat leftovers for lunch, but when we didn’t have any one day, that was the time to give this viral recipe a go. It was really good!
What is TikTok Ramen?
Tiktok ramen is a super quick ramen noodle stir fry. After boiling the noodles, they’re drained and tossed in a sauce made of soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Then, an egg is cooked and mixed in.
The dish gets garnished with red chili flakes and everything bagel seasoning. The whole thing takes about ten minutes. Simple, but really tasty.
Ingredients for TikTok Ramen
- Ramen noodles – seasoning packet discarded
- Butter – to cook the garlic
- Garlic – we used fresh, but for an even quicker recipe you can substitute garlic powder
- Brown sugar – for sweetness
- Soy sauce – for umami
- Red chili flakes – for a little kick
- Garnishings – more red chili flakes, everything bagel seasoning, green onions
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Originally used as a bagel topping, everything bagel seasoning seems to be everywhere now. People are putting it on eggs, veggies, baked potatoes, popcorn… just about anything you can imagine.
We picked up a bottle a while back and love the crunchy, nutty, garlicky flavors it adds to simple foods.
If you don’t have any handy and are eager to cook this ramen recipe, you can easily make your own.
Just mix two tablespoons of sesame seeds (one each of white and black, if you have both), one tablespoon each of poppy seeds, dried minced garlic and dried minced onion, and two teaspoons coarse salt.
Store it in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
How to Make TikTok Ramen
First, boil your ramen noodles. Cook them till they are al dente, they will continue cooking in the sauce.
Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the garlic and red chili flakes for a minute or two, then stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring it to a simmer, then toss in the ramen.
Push the noodles to one side of the pan, then pour your eggs into the other side. Give them a quick scramble, then toss everything together.
Serve and garnish with more red chili flakes, everything bagel seasoning and green onions.
Fry the egg separately in another pan. We really enjoyed this variation, as the gooey egg yolk really added to the flavor and texture of the dish.
Make it more nutritious with veggies. To keep with the simple and easy theme, cook a half cup of frozen mixed vegetables in the microwave and add them at the same time as the ramen.
Add in some protein. Leftover rotisserie or diced chicken go great here.
Play with the flavors. Adjust the ratios to make it more or less sweet or garlicky. Give it a squirt of sriracha to make it spicier. Some finely chopped ginger or fresh squeezed lime juice go great here.
The next time you need something to eat super quick, give this Tiktok ramen recipe a try. Even with a world of gourmet dishes, there’s always something so satisfying about a bowl of slurpy ramen noodles.
Let me know how you like this fun ramen hack. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
TikTok Ramen, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 1 packet ramen noodles, seasoning pack discarded
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- pinch of red chili flakes, plus more for garnish
- everything bagel seasoning, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Cook ramen according to directions on package, then drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook garlic and red chili flakes 1-2 minutes. Add brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in ramen noodles.
- Move noodles to one side of the pan. Add egg to the other side of the pan and scramble. Once egg is cooked, mix everything together.
- Serve and garnish with everything bagel seasoning, red chili flakes and green onions.
- Recipe can be multiplied for more people, just make sure to use a large enough pan.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.