Dinner ready in 20 minutes? Honey Garlic Chicken Bites… Music to the ears… And when you look into the pan, the sticky delicious honey garlic sauce laced chicken bites, they look so tempting to dig in to.
This is your perfect weeknight dinner idea that happens with regular every day pantry ingredients. Nothing fancy… nothing difficult… just simple good old flavors.
It’s so easy, you might end up making double or triple the portion for all your meal prep lunches or future dinners.
Some big bonus points: You can turn this into a Chicken Stir Fry by adding any veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, peas, carrots, onions. Or you can use the same recipe for beef, pork or shrimp… How cool!
We love easy meals that can be done in under 30 minutes. When life is busy and you just want a decent tasty dinner at the end of some hectic day, these meals come to your rescue.
We have so many quickies on GypsyPlate like Koran Ground Beef, Garlic Butter Steak Bites, Hunan Shrimp, Mediterranean Pasta and so many others.
Being food bloggers, we are constantly busy in the kitchen, and some night we’re just looking for simple and easy, like everyone else. And that’s when these quick honey garlic chicken bites happen.
A simple buttery, sticky sauce made with plenty of garlic, honey and a dash of sriracha with few other flavor enhancers. That’s it. That’s all you need for that delicious sauce that gets coated beautifully all over the chicken bites.
Serve them over a bowl of rice or noodles… Easy peasy when life is busy.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
- Chicken – we used chicken thighs, as we love dark meat. Chicken breast works great in this recipe too. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- For the sauce – honey, garlic, chicken stock, lemon juice, sriracha
- Flavor enhancers – red chili flakes, salt, pepper
- Olive oil and butter
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
This one happens super fast, so keep all the ingredients handy. Coat the chicken pieces with cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix to evenly coat all the chicken pieces.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Melt butter into the oil and add the chicken cubes and cook on all sides until golden brown, for about 6-8 minutes. You may need to work in batches, to avoid overcrowding the pan and steaming the chicken bites.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the sauce and stir to completely coat. Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes to mix all the flavors and reduce it a little as it sticks to the chicken bites.
Add red chili flakes and stir in parsley for garnish. Serve immediately over a bowl of rice, noodles or zoodles.
- To give more Asian flavors to the chicken bites, add soy sauce or oyster sauce into the mix.
- Try the same recipe with other protein like pork, beef or shrimp.
- Add in veggie power with your favorite stir fry veggies like bell peppers, onion, carrots, broccoli or snow peas.
Storage and leftovers
These Honey Garlic Chicken Bites are great as leftovers and freeze great.
It’s a great meal prep idea. Simply double or triple the recipe and store it in individual meal prep containers with labels and freeze. Use within a couple of months for best quality future meals.
You can refrigerate the bites in an air tight container up to 3-4 days. Simply reheat on stovetop or microwave until warm.
We love giving you these tasty easy meal ideas here on GypsyPlate, and love the support from all of you who keep on returning.
Save this easy chicken recipe for all your busy nights, and make the most of it with your loved ones. There is always something new and tasty happening here. Come back soon…
Honey Garlic Chicken Bites, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Try these other great under-30-minute meals!
Beijing Beef (Panda Express Copycat)
Pork Stir Fry
Shrimp fra Diavolo
Gigi Hadid Pasta
Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
These Honey Garlic Chicken Bites are coated in a sticky delicious sauce and whip up in about 20 minutes!
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1.5 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add the chicken pieces to a large bowl together with cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix to evenly coat all the chicken pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Melt butter into the oil and add the chicken cubes and cook on all sides until golden brown, for about 6-8 minutes. You may need to work in batches, to avoid overcrowding the pan and steaming the chicken bites.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add garlic, honey, chicken stock, lemon juice, and sriracha and stir to completely coat.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes to mix all the flavors and reduce a little until it sticks to the chicken bites.
- Add red chili flakes and stir in parsley for garnish. Serve immediately over the bowl of rice, noodles or zoodles.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 380Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 153mgSodium 381mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 27g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.