What is Gigi Hadid Pasta? Simple… Pasta made by Gigi Hadid, which broke the internet when it went viral on instagram and tiktok.
If you look closely, it’s the same delicious creamy and cheesy pasta alla vodka, with a slight makeover – it gets pleasantly spiked with heat from red chili flakes.
I love pasta, I love vodka and I love spicy. So here we go… Gigi Hadid Pasta for dinner tonight.
This meal is so delicious that you will be eating the sauce as it cooks, before even adding the pasta. It’s that good. This one is a nice welcome when taking a break from meat and going meatless for a night. But then again, I can see some kind of protein so, so good in this pasta.
Why All The Hype Over Gigi Hadid Pasta? What is this Gigi Hadid Pasta?
Honestly, we didn’t know who Gigi Hadid was before we come face to face with this creamy vodka pasta. Apparently, she turns out to be a model who loves to cook.
A few months back, she cooked this vodka pasta and posted a recipe on instagram and people all over the internet can’t stop talking how good this pasta turns out.
Vodka sauce in itself is so delicious. It’s rich, creamy, tomatoee… Now imagine it gets a tad bit of spicy kick. It’s just too much to handle, you keep on eating till you lick off the last of that yummy sauce.
You can make this with vodka like the original recipe for vodka sauce, or go sans vodka like Gigi (she didn’t use it in hers, but recommended using it if you have some).
This pasta happens fast. In 30 minutes dinner is ready and will be loved by the whole family. We say it definitely lives up to the hype.
Why You’ll Love Gigi Hadid Pasta
- This pasta dish is very quick and easy to make, ready in about 30 minutes.
- It’s a great vegetarian option for meatless nights.
- It’s super tasty and comforting, and a great crowd pleaser enjoyed by the whole family.
- You can customize it just to the heat level you like. Make it more or less spicy by just adjusting the chili flakes.
What Pasta is Best for Gigi Hadid Pasta?
Any pasta shape that’s good at holding sauce. Think rigatoni, orecchiette, penne, bow ties or even macaroni. Some days, to make it heartier, you can use ravioli or tortellini.
Ingredients for Gigi Hadid Pasta
- Shallots or Onion
- Tomato Paste – Tomato paste, when cooked in olive oil, lends its beautiful color to the sauce.
- Vodka – We like a dash of it to make the taste profile like original vodka sauce. But if you want to skip it, it still tastes mighty good.
- Red chili flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Butter and extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Gigi Hadid Pasta
Start by boiling the pasta in salted water (we use one teaspoon salt). Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan and sauté chopped shallots or onions for 10 minutes, so they get nicely translucent and start getting brown. Add in garlic and sauté for a minute.
Add in tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes. Time to stir in vodka and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in cream along with chili flakes and give it a stir till it becomes a smooth sauce.
Add in salt and pepper along with parmesan cheese and mix it well.
Pour in some pasta water and mix. I bet you are tasting your sauce like crazy by this time. It’s so good. Stir in pasta along with butter and mix well.
Dish it out and garnish it with some parsley and dash of red chili flakes if you desire more heat.
That’s it… There you go… your NEW favorite pasta from now on!!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Do not forget to reserve about a cup of pasta water while it’s cooking. It adds great flavor, and a necessary starchy component to the dish. This pasta water also helps if your sauce becomes too thick after adding the pasta. You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding this reserved pasta water.
- No tomato paste? In a pinch you can use a can of tomatoes.
- If you don’t have shallots, you can use any regular onion.
- Make it just as spicy as you like it. Add chili flakes little at a time. Taste and adjust accordingly.
What to Serve with Gigi Hadid Pasta
Some nice crusty bread, like our No Knead Bread, always goes great with any pasta.
- Add in some protein. Some sautéed chicken or precooked chicken, shrimp, scallops or sausage would be excellent in this spicy vodka sauce pasta.
- Play with the cheese. Try asiago, burrata, romano or provolone for a little flavor variation.
- You can add in some veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, peas or asparagus to bulk it up.
Leftovers and Storage
Leftover Gigi Hadid Pasta refrigerates great in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Simply reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave with a few tablespoons of water.
We don’t recommend freezing it, due to the cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gigi Hadid is a famous American model who started modeling at the very young age of 2. When she was pregnant with her first child, she posted her pasta recipe on Instagram, where it went viral.
Gigi’s recipe on her Instagram post uses shell pasta. You can use any shape that can scoop up a lot of sauce. Orecchiette, penne, rigatoni or bowties will work wonderfully in this recipe.
No, you don’t. You can make Gigi Hadid pasta without vodka to make it more family friendly. If you’re not using vodka, replace it with an extra 3 tablespoons of the reserved pasta.
It’s a spicier version, with much more red chili flakes.
The heavy cream is essential to thicken the sauce and make it rich and delicious. Milk lightens up the recipe, but dilutes it too much. Half and half is a better substitution.
Yes it does! This easy recipe is so good, that you’ll be making it again and again!
SO, Are you going to try this tonight? You must get on this newest pasta trend. Go beyond “marinara”. Think outside the (pasta) box… Try this Spicy Pasta alla Vodka… Gigi Hadid Pasta. It’s finger licking delicious… Have fun!!
Gigi Hadid Pasta, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Try these other great pasta recipes!
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Johnny Marzetti Casserole
Scallop Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
Ground Chicken Pasta
Creamy Sausage Pasta
Shrimp fra Diavolo
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp vodka
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8oz orecchiette pasta
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil pasta according to directions on package, adding 1 tsp salt to the water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later use in the sauce.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots or onions and sauté until they start to change color.
- Add in garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in vodka and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream along with red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add cheese and reserved pasta water. Cook for a minute.
- Stir in pasta and butter. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.