Creamy Ground Chicken Pasta – I am going to give you a super duper easy one pot meal idea today. This delicious creamy pasta is so good and so easy that you will be coming back to this one every now and then.
Any ground meat on hand (I used chicken today) and voila one delicious meal ready in no time. Plus it has all the goodness of spinach and cherry tomatoes to add in more flavors.
Read on and get ready for a meal that everyone in your family is always going to ask for…
I love one pot meals… especially when they involve pasta. It’s such a chore to boil the pasta separately and then add it to your skillet for some pasta dish. Well no more…
This is one where your pasta cooks in the sauce that you prepare, taking in all the flavors as it cooks. It also has protein and veggie power. We used ground chicken, but ground turkey, ground pork or ground beef would blend perfectly with the sauce.
Thinking more, I even think some ground sausage would be finger licking delicious. Sound interesting? Here we go..
- Ground Chicken – Today that’s what we had in the freezer. But feel free to use any ground meat. We promise it’s equally delicious.
- Veggies – Onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Flavor Enhancers – Tomato paste, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Chicken Broth – Any prepared brand you prefer, or a substitute like Better than Bouillon.
- Cream – Heavy whipping cream preferably, but you can use half & half for a lighter dish.
- Mozzarella – Freshly shredded.
- Pasta of your choice – Any shape like penne, farfalle or orecchiette will work. We used some spirals we found at Aldi.
- Oil – Any neutral oil like canola, vegetable or light olive oil.
How to Cook Creamy Chicken Pasta
This one is easy and quick…
1. Heat oil in a skillet and add in ground chicken. Cook it while breaking it with a spatula into chunks.
2. Add in onion and cook till the chicken is no longer pink. Add in garlic along with Italian seasoning, salt and cook for a minute.
3. Add in marinara sauce along with tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes. Add in chicken broth and cream and cook till it starts to boil.
4. Stir in pasta and half of the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 12-14 minutes till the pasta starts getting tender (this will vary depending on the shape). If the noodles are taking a little longer to cook to the doneness of your liking and the sauce gets too dry, you can add a splash of water or chicken broth.
5. Add in the rest of the cherry tomatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking, so they retain some crunch. In the last couple of minutes, add in spinach and mozzarella cheese.
That’s it… You end up with one good looking, colorful and delicious skillet of creamy yummy pasta.
What Other Veggies Can Be Added In
Veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, peas, broccoli, carrots would be great in this pasta. If you want a little Mediterranean twist, you can add in olives and artichoke hearts in the sauce too.
- Perfect Pasta Cooking: To achieve the perfect pasta texture, cook it within the sauce, so it absorbs the flavors. However, be mindful of the pasta type and adjust the cooking time accordingly to avoid overcooking.
- Balancing Creaminess: Adjust the cream to chicken broth ratio based on your preference for creaminess. More cream will yield a richer sauce, while more broth will make it lighter but still flavorful.
- Spinach Integration: Add the spinach just before the pasta is done to ensure it retains its vibrant color and texture.
- Taste and Adjust: Always taste your dish before serving. Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, or even a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the flavors.
So there you go… One Pot Complete Meal. This one is perfect when you want something tasty on table without slaving too much over the stove. And it’s easier on you even after dinner, without dealing with too many pots and pans in the kitchen.
Cook it for dinner tonight and make your life easy, without compromising on flavors or nutrition. This easy peasy Creamy Pasta… You are sure here to stay in my kitchen!
Creamy Ground Chicken Pasta, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken (see note 1)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic coves, chopped or sliced
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 8-10oz cherry tomatoes
- 6oz spinach
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 8oz pasta
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add in ground chicken. Cook it while breaking with a spatula into chunks. Add in onion and cook till the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in garlic along with Italian seasoning, salt and cook for a minute.
- Add in marinara sauce along with tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and cream and cook till it starts to boil.
- Add in pasta and half of the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 12-14 minutes, till the pasta starts getting tender. (see note 2)
- Add in the rest of the cherry tomatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking, so they retain some crunch.
- In the last couple of minutes add in spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- You can make this creamy pasta with any ground meat on hand like ground turkey, ground pork, ground beef or even with some ground sausage.
- If the pasta is taking longer to cook to the doneness of your liking, with sauce getting drier, you can add a splash of water or chicken broth till they are tender to your liking.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 605Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 177mgSodium 1043mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 8gSugar 16gProtein 38g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.