I am going to give you a super duper easy one pot meal idea today. This delicious creamy pasta is so good and so easy that you will be coming back to this one every now and then.
Any ground meat on hand (I used chicken today) and voila one delicious meal ready in no time. Plus it has all the goodness of spinach and cherry tomatoes to add in more flavors.
Read on and get ready for a meal that everyone in your family is always going to ask for…
I love one pot meals… especially when they involve pasta. It’s such a chore to boil the pasta separately and then add it to your skillet for some pasta dish. Well no more…
This is one where your pasta cooks in the sauce that you prepare, taking in all the flavors as it cooks. It also has protein and veggie power. We used ground chicken, but ground turkey, ground pork or ground beef would blend perfectly with the sauce.
Thinking more, I even think some ground sausage would be finger licking delicious. Sound interesting? Here we go..
Ingredients for Creamy Ground Chicken Pasta
- Ground Chicken – Today that’s what we had in the freezer. But feel free to use any ground meat. We promise it’s equally delicious.
- Veggies – Onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Flavor Enhancers – Tomato paste, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Chicken Broth
- Pasta of your choice – Any shape like penne, farfalle or orecchiette will work. We used some spirals we found at Aldi.
How to cook Creamy Chicken Pasta?
This one is easy and quick…
1. Heat oil in a skillet and add in ground chicken. Cook it while breaking it with a spatula into chunks.
2. Add in onion and cook till the chicken is no longer pink. Add in garlic along with Italian seasoning, salt and cook for a minute.
3. Add in marinara sauce along with tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes. Add in chicken broth and cream and cook till it starts to boil.
4. Stir in pasta and half of the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 12-14 minutes till the pasta starts getting tender (this will vary depending on the shape). If the noodles are taking a little longer to cook to the doneness of your liking and the sauce gets too dry, you can add a splash of water or chicken broth.
5. Add in the rest of the cherry tomatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking, so they retain some crunch. In the last couple of minutes, add in spinach and mozzarella cheese.
That’s it… You end up with one good looking, colorful and delicious skillet of creamy yummy pasta.
What other veggies can be added in this pasta skillet?
Veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, peas, broccoli, carrots would be great in this pasta. If you want a little Mediterranean twist, you can add in olives and artichoke hearts in the sauce too.
So there you go… One Pot Complete Meal. This one is perfect when you want something tasty on table without slaving too much over the stove. And it’s easier on you even after dinner, without dealing with too many pots and pans in the kitchen.
Cook it tonight and make your life easy, without compromising on flavors or nutrition. This easy peasy Creamy Pasta… You are sure here to stay in my kitchen!
Creamy Ground Chicken Pasta, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 1.5 to 2 lbs ground chicken (see note1)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic coves, chopped or sliced
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 8-10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz noodles
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add in ground chicken. Cook it while breaking with a spatula into chunks. Add in onion and cook till the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in garlic along with Italian seasoning, salt and cook for a minute.
- Add in marinara sauce along with tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and cream and cook till it starts to boil.
- Add in pasta and half of the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 12-14 minutes, till the pasta starts getting tender. (see note 2)
- Add in the rest of the cherry tomatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking, so they retain some crunch.
- In the last couple of minutes add in spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- You can make this creamy pasta with any ground meat on hand like ground turkey, ground pork, ground beef or even with some ground sausage.
- If the pasta is taking longer to cook to the doneness of your liking, with sauce getting drier, you can add a splash of water or chicken broth till they are tender to your liking.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.