This Scallop Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes is one of our favorite new recipes. It’s super quick and easy, in about 20 minutes you have a restaurant quality meal on your table.
This elegant dish is sure to impress guests, but it’s so quick to whip up it’s even great for busy weeknights.
And all it takes is a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Let’s cook up this amazing meal…
We love our seafood here at GypsyPlate. We’ve cooked many shrimp recipes like our Cajun Shrimp Scampi and Pesto Shrimp and Grits, as well as some cracker fish dishes like Mediterranean Fish, and even some great mussel recipes like our Portuguese Mussels.
Now we’ve decided to expand our seafood horizon and cook you up something with scallops. As you may have noticed, I absolutely adore cherry tomatoes, so let’s double up the flavor! But first…
A few tips for buying and cooking scallops
- When buying scallops, ask for “dry” scallops. This means they have not been soaked in a sodium tripolyphosphate solutions, which strips them of their flavor. They should have a slightly briny smell.
- Pat the scallops dry before cooking, this allows you to get a nice brown sear.
- Don’t overcook the scallops. Seriously, just a quick sear to each side, otherwise they can get tough.
- Pasta – We used fettuccine, but any long pasta will work.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Butter and Olive oil
- White wine
- Salt and pepper
How to make this easy Scallop Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, to your desired tenderness.
Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Once the pan is hot, sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes, flip and sear the other side 1-2 more minutes. Remove the scallops to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and add in garlic and sauté for about a minute.
Pour in wine and simmer for a few minutes to reduce it.
Add cherry tomatoes and parsley. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften.
Toss in pasta and scallops, season with salt and pepper to taste and… done!
Check out our collection of favorite Pasta Recipes!
How to serve this Scallop Pasta
We like to garnish pasta with freshly shredded parmesan cheese and some extra parsley.
- Add in some shrimp. We love mixing seafood. Just cook them either before or after the scallops, in the same pan, for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Pour in a dash of cream before tossing everything together to make it extra decadent.
- Add some additional veggies. Mushrooms or zucchini would go great here.
- Give it a dash of red chili flakes for a little kick.
We prefer to eat our seafood the day it is cooked. That being said, you can refrigerate this pasta dish for 1-2 days in an airtight container. Simply reheat in the microwave or on stovetop. You may wish to add in a little water when reheating.
So there you go, who said fancy and elegant had to be time consuming? This scallop pasta with cherry tomatoes is your answer when you want to feel like your dining in a fine restaurant in a flash.
Pin or bookmark this great recipe so you always know where to find it. And if you try it please leave a comment and review, I love hearing from you!
Scallop Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 6oz pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1lb scallops
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package to your desired tenderness, and drain. While pasta is cooking, continue with remaining steps.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes, flip and sear the other side 1-2 more minutes. Remove the scallops to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Pour in wine and simmer for a few minutes to reduce it.
- Add cherry tomatoes and parsley. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Toss in pasta and scallops, season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 69mgSodium 906mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 27g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.