This Mediterranean Pasta is your new weeknight best friend. It’s super quick, like 20 minutes quick, and has great flavors the whole family will love.
With just a few simple ingredients, this easy dinner will be on the table in no time. And it’s also versatile. Missing an ingredient? No problem!
This can be a great meatless Monday dinner, or you can customize it with the protein of your choice. It’s a light and refreshing dish that’s perfect for hectic weeknights, but looks and tastes fancy enough for special occasions.
You may have noticed, we love our Mediterranean food here at GypsyPlate. From our Mediterranean stuffed peppers and zucchini, to regional classics like Greek meatballs, Sicilian eggplant caponata, and Portuguese mussels, we’re always cooking up something from the region.
This Mediterranean pasta is one of our new favorites. How easy is it? Boil pasta, do a little chopping, and mix. That’s it!
As simple as it is, the combination of flavors is amazing. Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, feta cheese, some herbs and a good dousing of olive oil make for a super delicious and super healthy dinner.
Check out our collection of favorite Mediteranean Recipes!
- Pasta – We are using bow ties, or farfalle, today. You can use whatever you have on hand, or whatever shape you prefer.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kalamata olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Red chili flakes
- Feta cheese
How to make this easy Mediterranean Pasta
Boil the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Chop everything up. We like to cut the garlic into thin slices and halve the kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and red chili flakes and stir for a minute or two, then add in cherry tomatoes for another minute or so.
Add in the pasta along with olives, artichoke hearts, oregano and parsley. Give it a quick stir, garnish with feta cheese and… done!
Check out our collection of favorite Pasta Recipes!
- If you want some added protein, chicken, sausage or shrimp go great in this dish. Just cook them, remove to a plate and stir back in with the pasta.
- For added veggie power, add some spinach in with the garlic and cook till it wilts.
- Some fresh basil is a great addition to this pasta.
- Garnish it with some toasted pine nuts.
What to serve Mediterranean Pasta with
This Mediterranean pasta is great refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container. And the leftovers are great reheated or cold.
Tip: Serve leftovers as a salad and use the leftover artichoke marinade as a dressing.
So that’s it, quick meal, quick post. We hope you love this Mediterranean Pasta recipe as much as we do. It’s certainly made its way into our regular rotation.
Bookmark this recipe for those busy nights when you want something easy, tasty and healthy. And share GypsyPlate on social media so we can keep the recipes coming!
Mediterranean Pasta, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Try these other great Mediterranean Recipes!
Mediterranean Braised Chicken
Spanish Garlic Shrimp
Israeli Couscous Salad
Spanish Pipirrana Salad
Tyrokafteri (Feta Dip)
- 8oz pasta
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 10oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 8oz marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Feta cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil pasta according to directions on package. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red chili flakes. Stir and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook one to two minutes.
- Stir in pasta, oregano, parsley, olives and artichoke hearts.
- Garnish with feta cheese and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 6mgSodium 336mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 7g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.