It’s summer, that means it’s time to fire up the grill. And have we found the perfect side dish for the season, Grilled Zucchini!
Your favorite summer squash has never been more delicious. A little bit of seasoning is all it takes, then let your grill work its magic.
Once you try it, we bet you’ll be pairing it with just about everything!
But when summertime comes around, there’s nothing like some grilled veggies. Somehow the flavors imparted by this cooking method are just top notch.
It’s hard to pick one favorite. But if we really had to, it’s really tough to beat grilled zucchini.
Why We LOVE Grilled Zucchini
- Versatility: Grilled zucchini is the perfect side dish that complements a wide variety of main courses. We’ll give you plenty of ideas later in the post.
- Easy to Prepare: Grilling zucchini is a simple process that doesn’t require advanced cooking skills. Slice, season, and grill – voila! You have a delicious and healthy dish.
- Flavorful: Grilling zucchini brings out its natural sweetness and imparts a delicious smoky flavor that’s unique and irresistible.
- Nutrient-Dense: Zucchini is packed full of beneficial nutrients, while also being low in calories and fat. This makes it a healthy choice for any meal.
- Customizable: The mild flavor of zucchini means it’s a perfect canvas for all kinds of seasonings and sauces. It can be easily customized to fit any taste preference.
- Quick Cooking: Unlike some vegetables that take a long time to cook, zucchini grills up very quickly.
- Great for Grilling Parties: Grilled zucchini is a crowd-pleaser. It’s the perfect dish to serve at barbecues and outdoor gatherings.
- Zucchini – Nice fresh ones.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fresh parsley – For garnish.
Easy Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Cut the zucchini lengthwise into strips of equal thickness, about 1/2 inch. Brush with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
On grill preheated on medium high heat, grill the zucchini for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they have nice grill marks and have softened up to your liking.
What to Serve with Grilled Zucchini
Want more ideas? Try it on flatbreads, sandwiches, salads or pasta salads. Or chop it small and add it in omelets.
It’s just so versatile!
Zucchini’s mild flavor makes it the perfect vegetable to experiment with various seasonings. Here are some variations you might want to try:
- Add a sprinkle of feta cheese or freshly grated parmesan for garnish.
- Give it some kick by replacing the Italian seasoning with Creole Seasoning.
- Go with a Mexican theme and give it a sprinkle of homemade Taco Seasoning.
- Sprinkle on some Shawarma Seasoning to give it a Middle Eastern twist.
- Montreal Steak Seasoning also goes great on grilled zucchini.
- Make it Asian style with sesame oil, soy sauce, minced garlic and fresh ginger.
Leftovers and Storage
Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Reheat in the microwave until warmed. But again, this goes great in things like pasta salads, so depending on how you’re using it, you may not need to reheat it.
Make the most of summer with this great grilled zucchini recipe. It’s one of our favorite ways to cook summer squash, and we bet it’ll be yours too!
Pin or bookmark this great recipe so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
Grilled Zucchini, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 2 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat grill over medium high heat.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of sliced zucchini. Sprinkle on salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Grill the zucchini slices for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they have nice grill marks and have softened up to your liking.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 151mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.