This Fettuccine Alfredo is the BEST, hands down! It’s pure creamy Italian bliss that you won’t be able to get enough of.
Forget the jarred stuff, this homemade alfredo is super quick and easy to make with basic ingredients. And it tastes even better than any restaurant.
Whip up a batch of this pasta delight, and get ready for rave reviews!
Now this Fettuccine Alfredo is one for those nights when you want a decadent treat. No calorie counting here folks. It’s not allowed.
Why We Love Fettuccine Alfredo
- It’s SO EASY! Like 20 minutes easy. No need for slow simmering here.
- No need to worry about picky eaters, everyone will dig in with glee.
- You only need a few basic ingredients you may already have on hand.
- It’s super versatile. We’ll give you plenty of variations later on.
- You can easily double the recipe to feed a crowd.
Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients
- Butter – What a great start.
- Garlic – Just a little, so as not to overpower the sauce.
- Heavy cream – The base of the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – Preferably freshly shredded, but you can use the canned stuff in a pinch.
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fettuccine pasta
- Parsley – For garnish.
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo
Boil the pasta in salted water according to the directions on the package to al dente.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet, then add the garlic. Cook for a minute or two, till the garlic becomes soft and fragrant.
Add the cream and Italian seasoning. Bring to a low simmer, then stir in the cheese. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Once the cheese has melted and everything is well combined, toss in the pasta.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This basic alfredo is great with a variety of add ins…
- Crab meat
- Bell peppers
- Creole seasoning
- Pesto sauce
- Taco seasoning
- Jerk seasoning
- White wine (reduce before adding the cream)
Mix and match. Make your own customized alfredo, and let us know your favorite combination!
What to Serve with Fettuccine Alfredo
It’s a pretty rich and hearty meal on it’s own, especially if you include other ingredients into the mix.
That being said, we find our pasta nights incomplete without a basic side salad and nice crusty bread. Try our super easy No Knead Bread, it goes great with fettuccine alfredo.
Leftovers and storage
Leftover fettuccine alfredo can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat on stovetop over medium heat, adding a splash of extra milk or cream if it has thickened up too much.
We do not recommend freezing leftovers, as the cream may separate.
Give your family a real treat, and serve up this homemade Fettuccine Alfredo. It’s pure decadence. You can go back to counting calories tomorrow.
Save or pin this great recipe, so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new recipes for you!
Fettuccine Alfredo, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic coves, minced
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8oz fettuccine pasta
- parsley, for garnish
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to the directions to al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet, then add the garlic. Cook for a minute or two, till the garlic becomes soft and fragrant.
- Add the cream and Italian seasoning. Bring to a low simmer, then stir in the cheese. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Once the cheese has melted and everything is well combined, toss in the pasta and cook till warmed through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.