Well, Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone. Did you overindulge? I sure did! Now I’m ready for something light, something a little refreshing. These quick and easy lettuce wraps are just the thing. They’re so good every single time I just want to keep making them again and again!
Though we haven’t been eating out during all this pandemic madness, sometimes I still crave my favorite restaurant dishes. Fortunately I like to cook! After these belly bursting holidays, those delicious PF Chang lettuce wraps came drifting into my mind. Perfect low carb dinner contender! Plus, they’re a fun meal, so your kids won’t complain about eating light. 😉
But are they Keto?
According to the PF Chang website nutritional info, their original lettuce wraps are pretty loaded with carbs. That’s a bit much for my after-holiday goals. Today I’m going to make a few sauce and veggie substitutions for a low carb bomb!
What kind of meat to use?
Traditionally, these wraps are made with ground chicken, which I am using today. I have tried them with ground pork and beef also and they are equally delicious. Use whatever is on hand. Or, try finely diced chicken. You can also make a great meatless Monday option with cauliflower or mushrooms.
- Ground Chicken
- Green Onions
- Bell Pepper – Red today, but use whatever you prefer.
- Aromatics – Ginger & garlic.
- Sauces – Tamari, chili garlic, white vinegar.
- Monk fruit sweetener – Optional.
- Boston or butter lettuce
This is real quick…
- Give your onion a quick sauté, till it turns translucent.
- Add chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add veggies, aromatics and sauces. Cook for a few minutes till chicken is fully cooked. garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce leaves. DONE!
Storing and using leftovers
This is a wonderful meal prep option. Sometimes I double the recipe and have easy lunches or dinners for days. Just refrigerate cooked meat mixture in an airtight container for up to four days. When the craving hits, just take out however much you want and re heat on stovetop or in the microwave then get wrapping!
Other options for the leftover meat mixture: have it over cauliflower rice or use it in stuffed zucchini! 🙂
- As stated above, this is great with any type of ground meat or finely diced chicken.
- Spice it up with a little sriracha or red chili flakes.
- Give it a Korean twist by adding 1 Tbsp Gochujang paste.
Well, my friends, enjoy something a little lighter after all that ham and turkey. These addicting little lettuce wraps may be your new best friend. Let me know how you like them, I love feedback! Be sure to bookmark or pin this quick weeknight meal, and subscribe to GypsyPlate for more easy recipes delivered straight to your inbox. And for more ideas, check out my roundup of the 30 BEST Ground Chicken Recipes. Until next time, take care…
Keto Friendly PF Change Lettuce Wraps, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Try these other great low carb dinner options!
Chicken Chapli Kababs
Pesto Bruschetta Chicken
Mediterranean Fish with Tapenade
Shrimp Remoulade Lettuce Cups
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Pork Pinwheels with Zucchiccine
Keto Friendly PF Chang Lettuce Wraps
These super tasty lettuce wraps are a great keto friendly, yet light, meal. Plus, they're super quick and easy. Perfect weeknight option!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped green and white part separately
- 1 head Boston or butter lettuce
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat. Add in onions along with white part of green onions. Sauté till translucent. Add chicken, break up and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic, ginger along with tamari sauce, vinegar, monk fruit sweetener and chili garlic sauce. Cook till chicken is fully cooked. Stir in green part of the green onions and cilantro.
- Separate the lettuce leaves from the head. Scoop generous amounts of chicken mixture into the lettuce leaf boats and enjoy.
- You can follow the same recipe with other ground meat like beef and pork.
- Experiment with other Asian sauces and chili paste that are keto friendly.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1669mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 31g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.
2 thoughts on “Keto Friendly PF Chang Lettuce Wraps”
Made this today with ground Turkey. Otherwise made it exactly as directed. It was so awesome. I think it is even better than PF Changs. .
Glad you enjoyed, Debra!