Ladies and gentlemen, gather ’round, lovebirds and foodies alike, because today, I have a recipe that’ll make your taste buds propose on the spot! 🎉💕 Get ready to enter the enchanting world of “Marry Me Chicken” – a dish so captivating, it could make even a commitment-phobe say, “I do!”
Picture this: tender, juicy chicken dressed in the creamiest, dreamiest sauce you’ve ever seen. This sauce is so smooth, it makes Barry White sound like a squeaky toy! 🎤😄 Oh, and let’s not forget the stars of this culinary show: Garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian herbs and cream – the ultimate flavor matchmakers!
It’s like love at first sight, but with your taste buds! As the chicken sizzles and the aromas dance around your kitchen, you’ll wonder if a Cupid of cuisine has paid you a visit! But wait, there’s more! This recipe is so simple, it practically proposes to YOU! 💍😍
So, whether you’re planning to woo your sweetheart or just want to indulge in some self-love (we all deserve it!), “Marry Me Chicken” is your ticket to culinary romance. Get ready to fall head over heels with every velvety bite – it’s a love story your taste buds will never forget! ❤️😋
Oh My… How is that for an introduction? Marry Me Chicken!! Do I have your attention now?
You Are Totally Going to Fall in Love with this One Pan Chicken Recipe, Why?
- Yummy Flavors: It’s bursting with delicious tastes, like tender chicken and creamy sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and Italian herbs.
- Creamy Goodness: The sauce is so smooth and velvety, making it super comforting and tasty.
- Easy to Make: Anyone can cook it – beginners or experts – it’s not complicated.
- Perfect for Special Occasions: Whether it’s a romantic dinner or a family gathering, this dish makes the moment feel special.
- Goes with Anything: You can serve it with pasta, grains, bread, rice, veggies – it goes well with many side dishes.
- Foodies Love It: Food bloggers and critics can’t stop raving about it online.
It has the same concept of chicken smothering in a most delicious creamy, velvety sauce. Just a few ingredients, but the right ingredients in the right amounts literally create magic.
What is Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken is a delicious chicken dish that has captured the hearts of food enthusiasts around the world. This delicious recipe consists of tender and juicy chicken smothered in a creamy sauce, which is the star of the show! The sauce is a magical blend of simple ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, Italian herbs and garlic, enriched with creaminess.
The name “Marry Me Chicken” is fun and romantic, suggesting the dish is so incredibly delicious it could make someone propose marriage on the spot! It’s also possible that the term “marry” in this context is indeed a playful way of describing how the ingredients come together and “marry together” in harmony, creating a deliciously flavorful dish.
Tangy sun dried tomatoes, when cooked with potent herbs like thyme and oregano, along with a dash of garlic and red chili flakes creates a beautiful base. Add cream and cheese and the stage is set for something finger licking delicious.
Marry Me Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken – We love our Marry Me Chicken with bone-in, skin-on thighs. You can’t beat the juicy, tender, fall off the bone chicken with any other cut. Saying that this recipe works with boneless, skinless chicken thighs or even chicken breast. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Flour – To dredge the chicken before browning.
- Herbs and Spices – Paprika, dried parsley, dried thyme, dried oregano, red chili flakes, salt and pepper, fresh basil.
- Aromatics – Shallot and garlic.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – We love the ones packed in oil for this recipe, but you can use dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes if that is what’s available. If you use the ones packed in oil, add a little of the tomato oil while sautéing the tomatoes. This gives the dish another layer of rich delicious flavor.
- Cream – Always use heavy cream for this recipe.
- Chicken Stock – If you’re watching your sodium intake or you just like a little less of it, use a low-sodium chicken broth.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate it from a block of fresh parmesan. Freshly grated parmesan cheese will give you a much better flavor than store-bought, already-grated parmesan.
- Butter – We love butter here, but you can use half butter and half olive oil too.
Marry Me Chicken Recipe
How about presenting my romantic Marry Me Chicken recipe in a little Romantic tone… 🙂
- Take those bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or boneless skinless breasts and get ready for some flavor magic!
- Sprinkle in paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper – a symphony of spices that’ll make your chicken sing!
Dredging and Butter Basting:
- Give your chicken a lovely flour coat for that perfect golden crust.
- Melt some butter in a sizzling skillet and let the chicken dance in it until it’s gloriously browned!
Enter the Sauce Spectacle:
- Dice up shallots, chop garlic, and sprinkle in red chili flakes – it’s a flavor fiesta!
- Thyme and oregano join the party, adding their aromatic charm.
- Sun-dried tomatoes make their grand entrance, bringing sweet tanginess to the celebration.
- Pour in heavy cream and chicken stock, and let them cozy up with the star of the show – Parmesan cheese! 🧀😍
- Watch that cheese melt into creamy goodness, creating a sauce that’ll make you swoon!
- Fresh basil leaves join the party, adding a touch of herbaceous enchantment to the dish.
Reunite with the Chicken:
- Place those gorgeous chicken thighs back in the pan, skin side up – they’re ready to bask in the sauce’s embrace.
- Simmer gently until the chicken is cooked to juicy perfection!
The Grand Finale:
- Sprinkle a little extra basil for that final flourish, making the dish as beautiful as it is delicious.
- Serve this romantic and flavorful masterpiece immediately, and watch everyone fall in love with Marry Me Chicken! 😘💕
Now, get cooking and prepare to be swept off your feet by this culinary love affair! Enjoy every blissful bite! 😋🍴
Tips and Tricks for BEST Marry Me Chicken:
Let’s make your Marry Me Chicken shine even brighter with these tips and tricks to ensure it’s an absolute showstopper!
- Chicken Choice: For the juiciest and most flavorful results, go for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. The skin helps keep the meat moist, and the bones add extra flavor. If you prefer chicken breasts, choose boneless, skinless ones to avoid overcooking.
- Seasoning Savvy: Be generous with the chicken seasoning! Ensure each piece of chicken is well coated for maximum flavor. Don’t be shy with the paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper – they are the key to an enticing taste.
- Perfect Browning: When browning the chicken, preheat the skillet to medium-high heat. Let the chicken develop a golden crust on each side to lock in those juices. Remember not to overcrowd the pan, so the chicken browns evenly.
- Flavor-Bursting Sauce: The sauce is the star, so don’t be afraid to play with the flavors. Adjust the amount of red chili flakes and herbs to suit your taste preferences. If you want it creamier, add a little extra Parmesan cheese.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Sweetness: Opt for high-quality sun-dried tomatoes, as they’ll infuse the sauce with a delightful sweet-tangy taste. You can use either strips or chopped ones, depending on your texture preference.
- Buttery Goodness: Use real butter for that perfect sautéing and basting. It adds a rich, luscious flavor to the dish.
- Creamy Dreamy: When adding heavy cream and chicken stock, let them simmer and reduce slightly to thicken the sauce. This will make it even more luxurious.
- Marrying the Basil: Fresh basil leaves provide a burst of herbal goodness, so add some right at the end for a pop of color and flavor. Save a few extra for garnishing to make it look tantalizing.
- Thigh Temperature: If using bone-in chicken thighs, ensure they reach an internal temperature of 180-190°F for juicy, fall-off-the-bone goodness. For boneless chicken breasts, aim for 165°F.
- Serve with Love: Present your Marry Me Chicken with a side of joy and enthusiasm. This dish deserves a grand entrance to the dining table!
What to Serve Marry Me Chicken With
Our first choice is with pasta. Simply swirl your favorite cooked pasta with the marry me chicken sauce. We love penne, rotini, orzo, couscous, or spaghetti.
Some warm, fresh, crusty bread like our No-Knead Bread is perfect to mop up all that delicious sauce.
Possible Marry Me Chicken Variations
- Marry Me Chicken Alfredo: Add sautéed mushrooms and spinach to the sauce for a creamy vegetable twist. Serve over fettuccine.
- Marry Me Lemon Herb Chicken: Infuse the sauce with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and a medley of fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, and parsley for a zesty and aromatic delight.
- Marry Me Chicken Mediterranean: Amp up the Mediterranean vibes by adding Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and capers to the sauce. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese for a tangy finish.
- Marry Me Cajun Chicken: Season the chicken with Cajun spices and add diced bell peppers and onions to the sauce for a little Cajun flair.
- Marry Me Mushroom Marsala Chicken: Add sliced mushrooms and a splash of Marsala wine to the sauce for a luscious and earthy flavor profile.
- Marry Me Pesto Chicken: Stir in a dollop of basil pesto into the sauce for a burst of herbaceous goodness.
- Marry Me Mexican Chicken: Season the chicken with taco seasoning and add diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn to the sauce for a South-of-the-border delight.
- Marry Me Fish: You could also make this with salmon in place of chicken.
Feel free to let your imagination run wild and experiment with various flavors and ingredients to create your unique Marry Me Chicken variation.
Leftovers and Storing
Store chicken in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave until warmed through. Alternately you can rewarm it in a 350 degree oven in a baking dish covered with foil until warmed through.
We do not recommend freezing marry me chicken, as cream doesn’t freeze well.
So there you go, GypsyPlate’s version of Marry Me Chicken!! Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a delightful family gathering, Marry Me Chicken will create lasting memories and leave everyone asking for seconds.
So, get ready to fall head over heels for this enchanting recipe that’s sure to have you saying “I do” to every irresistible bite!
Marry Me Chicken, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 5-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or boneless skinless breasts (see note 1)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup flour, for dredging
- 2 Tbsp butter
Marry Me Chicken Sauce
- 1 large shallot, diced small
- 4 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, strips or chopped (see note2)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, more for garnishing
- Mix all the chicken seasoning ingredinets in a small bowl and season the chicken on both sides. Dredge the chicken in flour and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium heat. Brown the chicken, skin side first for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more butter if needed and sauté chopped shallot for a minute. Add garlic and cook for a minute, or until it's fragrant. Add red chili flakes, thyme and oregano and mix well. Add in sun dried tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to medium-low, and add the heavy cream, chicken stock and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Mix and stir well till the cheese melts, and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in basil leaves and place the chicken thighs in skin side up. Adjust the heat to medium low, cover, and cook till chicken is cooked through, stirring the sauce occasionally. We like to cook bone in chicken thighs till the internal temperature reaches 180-190°F so the meat is fall off the bone and juicy. If you are using chicken breast, cook till internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Garnish with some more basil leaves and serve immediately.
- You can use boneless, skinless breasts here. If they are very large, you can cut them in half, making them into chicken cutlets or flatten them a bit by using meat mallet. This tenderizes them a bit, and they cook faster without becoming tough. We personally love chicken thighs for this recipe. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs work really well too.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: We love the ones packed in oil for this recipe but you can use dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes if that is what's available. If you use the ones packed in oil, add a little of the tomato oil while sautéing the tomatoes. This gives the dish another layer of rich delicious flavor.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 545Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 233mgSodium 721mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 37g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.