Turkey Nachos! Looking for something to make with those holiday leftovers other than soups and casseroles? You’ve found it!
This is an easy and fun way to use up that leftover turkey. The whole family will love this pile of tasty, cheesy goodness.
And this great meal happens super fast. So get ready to give your big bird a Mexican twist!
Everybody loves nachos, am I right? Crispy tortilla chips, cheese, toppings. And they’re fun to share. No wonder they’re on the appetizer menu at pretty much every single restaurant on the planet.
These turkey nachos can be your appetizer for a get together, but they’re also hearty enough for a meal. We bought some tacos from our favorite taco place to have with our nachos, but didn’t even need them!
This happens fast, so carve some meat off of that bird and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Leftover Turkey Nachos
- Turkey – We shredded it, but you can cut it up however you like. You can also save this recipe and make it with leftover chicken.
- Seasonings – Oregano, cumin, chili powder, coriander powder, salt.
- Tortilla chips
- Toppings – Corn, black beans, cheddar cheese.
- Garnishings – Avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, salsa (we are using my homemade pico de gallo).
How to make Leftover Turkey Nachos
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
Heat a little oil in a skillet, then add turkey, seasonings and a few tablespoons of water. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until everything is warm and well mixed.
Lay your tortilla chips on a greased sheet pan, followed by turkey and other toppings.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and add garishings.
See, I told you it was easy!
- As previously mentioned, this can be made with leftover chicken as well.
- Play with different cheeses. Some pepper jack would go great here.
- Try some additional garnishings like black olives or sour cream.
See, now aren’t you glad you cooked such a big bird? There’s so many creative ways to use up those leftovers, and this just may be the most fun!
Pin or bookmark this recipe so you always know where to find it when you need to use up those holiday leftovers. Trust me, this one is going to be a hit with the whole family!
And be sure to subscribe to the GypsyPlate mailing list, we’re always cooking up new recipes for you!
Leftover Turkey Nachos, on my Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12oz tortilla chips
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned or frozen
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1.5 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a skillet, then add turkey, seasonings and a few tablespoons of water. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until everything is warm and well mixed.
- Lay your tortilla chips on a greased sheet pan, followed by turkey and other toppings: corn, beans and cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and add garnishings: avocado, jalapeño, cilantro and salsa (try my homemade pico de gallo).
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.