Fall is in the air, and that means acorn squash are coming into season. If you’re looking for some new great ways to cook them, you’ve come to the right place!
We have compiled this list of the best Acorn Squash Recipe from GypsyPlate and around the internet.
From great side, to hearty mains, soups, salads and more, there are so many great ways for you to prepare your favorite winter squash.
Cook your way through all, and find some new favorite ways to cook these tasty and nutritious gourds!
1. Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
This Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is a great fall dinner and would look gorgeous on any holiday spread! In addition to sausage, it has veggies and apples for a complex variety of flavors.
2. How To Cook Acorn Squash
Here is a basic how to guide on cooking acorn squash. It’s a great start for those new to cooking acorn squash, as it gives you tips on cutting and preparing.
3. Roasted Acorn Squash
If you love sweet flavors in your sides, try this roasted acorn squash recipe. It features maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon. It goes great with roasted meats, especially pork.
4. Stuffed Acorn Squash with Wild Rice
Stuffed acorn squash with wild rice makes for a great meatless meal option. It also features mushrooms, spinach, red bell peppers and white beans to make for a nutrient packed dish.
5. Brown Sugar and Pineapple Roasted Acorn Squash
This brown sugar and pineapple roasted acorn squash is a great festive side. It has a cinnamon and chili powder infused butter that adds so much flavor!
6. Grilled Acorn Squash Salad
No need to heat up the oven with this grilled acorn squash! It’s so easy, and the grill marks add so much flavor to the squash.
7. Herb-Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash
Add a touch of savory to the mild sweetness of acorn squash with this great recipe. Butter, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese add so much flavor to the dish. YUMMM.
8. Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash
This unique chipotle chicken stuffed acorn squash is an absolute flavor bomb! The sweetness of the squash pairs beautifully with the smoky and spicy chipotle chicken. So good…
9. Roast Acorn Squash, Sweet Potato and Beet Kale and Quinoa Salad
If you love complex blends of flavors, this salad is for you! It has roasted acorn squash, sweet potato, beet kale, quinoa, avocado, feta and pomegranate with a cilantro lemon tahini dressing. Wow.
10. Acorn Squash Stuffed with Curried Beef
Spice things up with this curried beef stuffed acorn squash! This wholesome dish only takes a few minutes of hands on time and is full of great flavors.
11. Sausage & Mushroom Stuffed Acorn Squash
Here’s another great stuffed acorn squash recipe. This one is loaded with tasty sausage, three types of mushrooms, wild rice, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. It’s a wonderful combination of flavors!
12. Acorn Squash Soup
When the temperatures start to dip, we’re all looking for a cozy bowl of soup. This acorn squash soup is hearty and creamy, making a great meatless main dish.
13. Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Butter
This brown butter acorn squash is a delicious and easy side dish. It’s uniquely seasoned with a combination of cinnamon, cumin and coffee.
14. Honey Butter Roasted Acorn with Burrata and Pomegranate
Here’s a great side dish sure to impress your holiday guests. Roasted acorn squash is topped with pomegranate, hazelnuts, fresh sage and burrata cheese. It looks so fancy, but is so easy to make!
15. Acorn Squash with Walnuts & Cranberry
Another festive holiday side dish coming up… This acorn squash is stuffed with cranberries and walnuts. So good!
16. Instant Pot Stuffed Acorn Squash
Yes, you can cook acorn squash in in instant pot! This one is stuffed with rice, chick peas, cranberries, mushrooms and pumpkin seeds. It’s a great side or meatless main.
17. Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
This easy parmesan roasted acorn squash is the way to go if you’re in a hurry. Because it is thin sliced, it cooks a lot faster than conventional roasted acorn squash.
18. Sweet Potato, Squash and Kale Buddha Bowl
This Buddha bowl is a super healthy, nutrient packed meal. It features, sweet potato, butternut squash, mushrooms, chickpeas and more!
19. Maple Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash
This maple pecan acorn squash has a great combination of flavors as well as textures. The crunchy pecans pair great with the sweetness of maple syrup.
20. Beef Enchilada Stuffed Acorn Squash
We’re finishing up this tasty list with a real treat, this beef enchilada stuffed acorn squash. These squash bowls are stuffed with Mexican spiced ground beef and topped with pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro. Yum!
Wow, so many great acorn squash recipes! Now you’ll never wonder what to cook when you have some in your pantry.
Bookmark or pin this great collection so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to the GypsyPlate mailing list, we’re always cooking up new recipes for you!
- 1 acorn squash
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut acorn squash in half, lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds.
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish, along with a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Microwave until the squash is tender. Depending on the strength of your microwave, this will take 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Season with butter, salt and pepper.
- Let me know which recipes you try, I love hearing from you!
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.