The days are getting long, and the temperatures are starting to rise… that means it’s time for potlucks, barbecues and pool parties!
This collection of easy Fruit Salad Recipes has plenty of cool and refreshing dishes to bring to all of those fun summer get togethers.
Fruits salads are always a welcome treat on any spread. This fruit salad ideas has a great variety for you to choose from. No matter what fruits you have on hand, this list has just the perfect fruit salad recipe.
Enjoy all of these fruit salad recipes, they’re all delightful!
Fruit Salad Recipes:
1. Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon and feta make a wonderful summer combo, and this salad takes it up another notch with fresh mint.
This cool and refreshing salad is perfect for those cookouts and potlucks. It’s one of the best fruit salad ideas for a hot day.
2. Classic Fruit Salad
Now who wouldn’t like to keep on munching this rainbow of colors from all these fruits, with sweet and fresh honey lime dressing?
It’s a colorful salad for anytime you have plenty of fruits lying in your refrigerator. Healthy can be pretty!!
3. Berry Fruit Salad
When berry season comes along, this is our go-to recipe on this list.
Featuring all of your favorite berries, along with cherries and a touch of mint, it’s a beautiful and delicious fruit salad that’s packed with nutrition.
4. Tropical Fruit Salad
This delicious Tropical Fruit Salad is packed with exotic fruits like papaya, mango, kiwis and dragonfruit.
Take this to your next potluck for some rave reviews!
5. Triple Melon Salad
This gorgeous melon ball salad is sure to be the star attraction at your next get together.
It’s flavors are heightened by blue cheese, walnuts and a lemon vinaigrette. Awesome recipe!
6. Summer Fruit Salad
We just love this Summer Fruit Salad. It has berries, cherries and peaches with a ginger dressing.
This one is a must during peach season.
7. Winter Fruit Salad
Who says fruit salads are only for summer? This great recipe featured winter crops like apples, oranges and pomegranates.
It has a lemon lime honey dressing that ties everything together.
8. Ambrosia Salad
Ambrosia salad is a vintage recipe popular in the South. It has sour cream, miniature marshmallows, sweetened coconut, pineapple, mandarin and maraschino cherries.
Give this classic a try at your next get together.
9. Mexican Fruit Salad
Take your fruit salad south of the border with this tasty recipe.
It’s loaded with tropical fruits like papaya, mango and pineapple, and the flavors get enhanced by chili lime seasoning. YUM.
10. Creamy Poppyseed Fruit Salad
Give your fruit salad whole new dimension with this great recipe.
The star here is the creamy poppyseed dressing, which beautifully compliments the fresh fruit.
10. Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
This patriotic red, white and blue fruit salad is perfect for 4th of July or other summer holidays.
Strawberries, blueberries and bananas create the base, hen everything is finished off with a honey lime dressing.
11. Grape Salad
This creamy grape salad is a real classic.
Red and green grapes are enrobed in a mixture of cream cheese and sour cream, which is slightly sweetened with brown sugar. Chopped pecans give the whole thing a pleasant crunch.
12. Melon Pineapple Fruit Salad with Berries
The flavors in this melon pineapple berry salad are diverse, but they compliment each other beautifully.
It’s a great summer salad for picnics and cookouts.
13. Citrus Fruit Salad
Here’s a great salad for winter time when the best citrus crops are in.
It has a variety of different citrus fruits, as well as blueberries and fresh mint. It’s so good you’ll want to make it again and again.
14. Rainbow Fruit Salad
Just look at this pretty array of fruits, doesn’t it look inviting? It has a tangy honey lime dressing that compliments the variety of flavors.
It’s one of our favorite fruit salad varieties.
15. Christmas Fruit Salad
Add some healthy cheer to your holiday spread with this Christmas Fruit Salad.
Featuring a variety of green and red fruits, it’s a welcome light contrast to all those heavy gravies, stuffings and pies.
Fruit Salad Tips
Creating a memorable fruit salad involves more than just tossing some fruit in a bowl. Here are some tips to help you make the best fruit salad:
- Use Fresh, Seasonal Fruits: The best fruit salads start with the freshest fruits. Utilize what’s in season for the best flavors and optimal sweetness.
- Variety is Key: Try to include a mix of textures and flavors for a more interesting salad. Think crisp apples, juicy oranges, and soft bananas or berries.
- Prepare Fruit Properly: Ensure all fruit is washed thoroughly. Remove any bruised or damaged areas, and cut the fruit into uniform pieces so it’s easier to eat and more visually appealing.
- Avoid Fruits that Brown Quickly: If you’re not serving the salad immediately, avoid fruits like bananas and apples, or coat them in a little lemon juice to slow down the browning process.
- Add Some Citrus: A little bit of lemon, lime, or orange juice can enhance the flavors of the fruit and prevent oxidation.
- Sweeten If Necessary: Depending on the ripeness of your fruit, you may not need additional sweeteners. However, a drizzle of honey, agave nectar, or a sprinkle of sugar can boost the sweetness if needed.
- Consider a Dressing: While not always necessary, a dressing can bring your fruit salad to a new level. This could be a simple honey-lime dressing, a dollop of yogurt, or even a splash of flavored liqueur for adult gatherings.
- Add Some Herbs or Spices: Mint, basil, or a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg can add an unexpected and pleasing flavor to your fruit salad.
- Serve Chilled: Fruit salad is best served cold. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Don’t Make It Too Far In Advance: Fruit starts to lose its freshness once it’s cut. If possible, prepare your salad the day you plan to serve it.
- Add a Crunch Element: Consider topping your fruit salad with some granola, chopped nuts, or seeds for added texture.
Remember, the best fruit salad is one that suits your personal taste preferences, so feel free to experiment with different combinations until you find your perfect mix!
We hope you love these easy and refreshing fruit salad recipes as much as we loved finding them for you!
Save or pin this collection so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- pick a recipe that looks good
- gather ingredients
- make your new favorite fruit salad recipe
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.