Are you looking for quick, easy and flavorful meals? Look no further! Pressure Cooker Recipes are the ticket to delicious homemade dinners in record time.
Whether your family’s favorite dish is chili, pulled pork or a hearty stew, transforming it into a pressure cooker recipe can cut cooking times by up to 75%, without sacrificing flavor.
Best of all, modern electric pressure cookers make executing these recipes almost effortless – meaning anyone from the most experienced chef to the novice home cook can create restaurant-quality dishes with minimal fuss!
How do Pressure Cookers Work?
Pressure cookers work by trapping steam inside the pot and increasing the pressure inside, which raises the boiling point of water. This allows for faster cooking times as well as preserving moisture in foods, resulting in tender and flavorful dishes.
Pressure cookers use a sealed lid to trap steam and increase pressure, they also feature a valve that releases excess steam when necessary. The cooker uses this trapped steam to cook food faster than other methods.
Pressure cooking can save up to 75% of the energy and time compared to traditional cooking methods, while still preserving the flavor, texture, and nutrients of ingredients.
The pressure cooker is also capable of tenderizing tough cuts of meat, allowing for more creative dishes that may not have been possible with conventional cooking techniques.
Pressure Cooker Recipes:
1. Pressure Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
A tasty way to start off this list, here is one of our own GypsyPlate recipes! This is a great chicken recipe that will have your mouth watering as soon as the aromas hit the air!
This is a Hawaiian inspired pineapple chicken recipe, and it is a great option if you want a super easy and delicious dinner!
2. Dal Tadka
Here is one I grew up on, Dal Tadka!
Dal, or curried yellow lentils, is a staple in every Indian household. There are countless varieties. This is one of the most popular, it is always found in any Indian restaurant.
Serve it with rice or naan bread for a hearty meatless dinner.
3. Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Who doesn’t love a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup? This pressure cooker version makes this classic comfort food come together in no time!
It’ll be one of your favorite pressure cooker recipes!
4. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
Need a hearty Beef Stew but don’t have much time? Let your pressure cooker do the work!
This recipe is ready in under an hour and tastes just as delicious as traditional methods. Get a flavorful meal in no time!
5. Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
Indulge in the delightful classic dish of spaghetti, effortlessly prepared in the convenience of your pressure cooker!
With this method, the pasta cooks perfectly within the cooker itself, eliminating the need for additional dishes. Enjoy the simplicity and deliciousness, all in one pot!
6. Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Pot Roast, the classic one pot meal with meat, veggies and potatoes all braising together for a satisfying feast.
This great recipe shows you how to use your pressure cooker to slash the time!
7. Pressure Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This hearty and delicious Tuscan Chicken Pasta will become a family favorite in no time!
The chicken and pasta are coated in an amazing creamy sauce enhanced with spinach and sundried tomatoes.
8. Pressure Cooker General Tso’s Chicken
General Tso’s Chicken is a beloved dish commonly found in Chinese restaurants.
This delightful recipe is here to make your life a breeze, allowing you to enjoy a homemade version that not only satisfies your cravings but also saves you time.
It’s one of our favorite pressure cooker recipes!
9. Pressure Cooker Chili
Hearty, delicious chili cooked in under an hour. Yes… it’s possible, thanks to your pressure cooker. This recipe is loaded full of flavor and takes a third of the time as stovetop.
You’ll never go back to stove top again!
10. Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Beef Bourguignon is a savory French classic. Tender chunks of beef, veggies and potatoes braised in a wine infused broth. So good.
This recipe comes together in about an hour thanks to your pressure cooker.
11. Pressure Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
Nothing says “comfort food” like a hearty bowl of chicken and dumplings!
This Southern classic features tender chicken, peas, carrots and fluffy dumplings in a wonderfully tasty gravy. YUMMM.
12. Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
Super tender and juicy chicken thighs in a delicious teriyaki sauce. The whole family will love these Asian flavors.
And this one comes together so fast you won’t even remember cooking it!
13. Pressure Cooker Brisket
Rendition of an Instant Pot brisket: tender, flavorful, and bursting with deliciousness.
This recipe calls for a dry rub and a generous drizzle of BBQ sauce, delivering a barbecue night experience with no fuss.
Perfect for those times when you crave the taste of barbecue without the hassle.
14. Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Make your St Patrick’s day quick and easy with this pressure cooker version of Corned Beef and Cabbage. The meat turns out super tender.
You better buy a big piece of beef, this one will go fast!
15. Pressure Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
This delicious Mississippi Pot Roast is so good!
Tender beef braised in a tasty gravy enhanced buy ranch seasoning and tangy pepperoncini peppers. The flavors go together beautifully.
16. Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Simplify your barbecue night with this amazingly tender and flavorful pulled pork.
It pairs perfectly with sliders or can be enjoyed on its own, along with corn and coleslaw as delicious sides.
17. Pressure Cooker BBQ Ribs
If you’re like me, you like your ribs fall off the bone tender. Like, you could drink them with a straw tender.
This easy pressure cooker recipe does the trick perfectly!
18. Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
Meatloaf, another classic comfort food. This pressure cooker version is moist and flavorful.
The potatoes cook right in the pressure cooker with the meatloaf for a one pot meal.
19. Pressure Cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
The easy pressure cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs are cooked in a delightful mushroom gravy and come together in no time.
The whole family will love these alongside some mashed potatoes or noodles.
20. Pressure Cooker Garlic Pork Tenderloin
This Garlic Pork Tenderloin is so good! Rosemary, garlic, maple syrup and soy sauce add mouthwatering flavors to the tender pork.
Fancy enough for guests but easy enough for busy weeknights!
21. Pressure Cooker Beef Barbacoa
When your taste buds yearn for Mexican cuisine, nothing beats this magnificent Barbacoa Beef!
This tender and savory meat is absolutely perfect for filling up your tacos, burritos, bowl meals, or even wrapping in crisp lettuce leaves.
22. Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This easy pressure cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe makes that family favorite comfort food so easy!
The noodles cook right in the pressure cooker for another one pot meal.
23. Pressure Cooker Shrimp Boil
If you want your favorite shrimp boil in no time, I have good news… Your instant pot can have it on the table in 15 minutes, start to finish!
Shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn make for a complete delicious meal.
24. Pressure Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
This easy and low carb Cabbage Roll Soup combines cabbage, ground beef, carrots and onions, all cooked in a savory tomato broth.
It’s a hearty and satisfying bowl everyone will love.
25. Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cacciatore is a rustic Italian favorite loaded with chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, carrots and mushrooms.
It comes together in no time in your instant pot. All you’ll need is some nice crusty bread!
26. Pressure Cooker Chicken Tinga
Chicken Tinga is a delightfully flavorful Mexican dish that adds excitement to taco nights!
The meat is irresistibly tender, juicy, and bursting with exquisite flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
27. Pressure Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
Want rotisserie chicken better in a flash? Your pressure cooker will cook it in 28 minutes. Yes, really!
Enhanced with flavorful herbs and spices, everyone will want to dig in.
28. Pressure Cooker Pork Chops
These Instant Pot pork chops are perfectly seared, tender and slathered with a delicious mushroom gravy.
It’s a super easy weeknight dinner option everyone will love!
29. Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef
Mongolian Beef – Melt in your mouth tender strips of beef in a silky, velvety sauce!
Your instant pot can have this Asian favorite on the table in 30 minutes.
30. Pressure Cooker Chicken Pho
Pho is a popular Vietnamese noodle soup that is gaining a big following in the States.
This easy homemade Instant Pot Chicken Pho features a delicately flavored broth tender rice noodles and shredded dark meat chicken. So good!
31. Pressure Cooker Moroccan Chicken
Bring some exotic flavors to your table with this pressure cooker Moroccan Chicken Stew. It’s beautifully spiced with hints of sweetness and citrus.
It goes great with couscous, rice or crusty bread.
32. Pressure Cooker Creole Shrimp and Sausage
This Creole Shrimp and Sausage is a super easy and super tasty stew that tastes like it simmered for hours.
Bring the great tastes of New Orleans to you kitchen!
33. Pressure Cooker Swedish Meatballs
These Swedish meatballs are the ultimate comfort food. Tender, perfectly cooked meat spheres smothered in the most delectable sauce.
You’ll keep coming back for more!
34. Pressure Cooker Sticky Chicken Thighs
This easy Sticky Chicken Thighs recipe features tender, juicy fall-off-the-bone chicken thighs smothered in a sweet and savory sticky sauce.
These delicious Asian flavors come together in no time in your pressure cooker!
35. Pressure Cooker Butter Chicken
Now how can I not have some Indian curry in this list? This restaurant favorite features tender, yogurt-marinated chicken thighs cooked in an amazingly flavorful and creamy sauce.
This one is a breeze in the pressure cooker!
So there you go, thirty five quick and easy pressure cooker recipes. Which one will you try first?
Pin or bookmark this collection of great recipes so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 1.5 cups toor dal
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 green chili or jalapenõ
- 3 Tbsp ginger garlic paste (equal parts ginger and garlic)
- 1 tsp mustard seed, divided
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, divided
- 12-14 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 2-3 whole dried red chilis
- 6 Tbsp ghee (divided)
- 1 tsp salt (plus to taste)
- Big handful of cilantro
- Wash your toor dal a few times, replacing the water until it is clear.
- Place dal in pressure cooker with 4-5 cups of water, 1 tsp salt and a pinch of turmeric. Seal lid. Cook over medium high heat for 6 whistles of the pressure cooker. Remove from heat *but do not remove lid!*. There is still a great deal of pressure built up which must dissipate, set aside 10 minutes.
- Chop onion and tomatoes small dice sized. Chop green chili. Make a rough paste of ginger and garlic together.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, heat ghee or oil and once hot add half each of mustard seeds and cumin seeds until they start to pop. Add curry leaves and sauté 10 seconds. Be cautious, this step can cause splattering oil.
- Add in chopped onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they are soft and start changing color. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chili and sauté for a minute. Now add in chopped tomatoes along with your spice powders. Mix well and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add the cooked dal. Mix in additional water, according to the consistency you like. Some prefer a little thicker dal and some soupy. And let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add in chopped cilantro.
- For the final tempering, in a small pan (such as a tadka pot), heat 4 Tbsp ghee. Repeat the tempering process in step 4, but this time add dried red chilis along with the curry leaves. At the very end, add a pinch of red chili powder, then pour this tadka mixture over the dal.
- Mix well and serve with basmati rice. Garnish with extra cilantro.
Welcome to GypsyPlate! I'm Alpana, former wordwide tour manager and professional caterer, now full time blogger. I love exploring cuisines from around the world, and my recipes have been featured on sites such as MSN, Parade, Brit + Co, CNET and AOL. You can explore my entire collection of sortable recipes in my Recipe Index or learn more about me here.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.