This easy Pork Chop Marinade is the BEST!
Bursting with fresh and herby flavors, it’s the perfect marinade, no matter how you’re cooking your chops.
Our Mediterranean inspired marinade makes good use of fresh herbs to infuse your pork chops with so much flavor that you’ll want to marinate everything in it!
If you really want to add flavor to your meat, it’s hard to beat a good marinade.
This pork chop marinade is bright and summery, with plenty of herbs and a squeeze of lemon for freshness.
Pork Chop Marinade Ingredients
- Olive oil – To help keep the meat moist.
- Lemons – For some tang, as well as to tenderize the meat.
- Garlic – Plenty of it.
- Fresh herbs – Oregano, parsley, thyme and rosemary. If lacking any fresh herbs, substitute 1 teaspoon of dried for every 1 tablespoon of fresh.
- Salt – The most important ingredient.
- Pepper – Salt’s longtime companion.
Easy Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
To make this marinade, it’s a simple matter of chopping the fresh herbs and garlic, then whisking everything together. Easy, huh?
How to Marinate Pork Chops
Marinating meat adds great flavor, as well as helps tenderize the meat.
One method is to place the meat in a ziploc bag, then pour in the marinade. Squeeze out as much air as possible, seal the bag, then lay flat on a plate. You can also marinate them in a shallow dish covered in cling wrap.
We recommend marinating at least one hour. Typically, we will marinate the meat in the morning, then cook it in the evening, or you could even marinate overnight.
If marinating for more than one hour, keep the pork chops in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
Cooking Marinated Pork Chops
After your pork chops have absorbed the rich, herby flavors of the marinade, it’s time to cook them to perfection.
Whichever method you choose, use the following directions and cook till the internal temperature measures 135ºF with an instant read thermometer (the temperature will continue to rise while they rest).
- Cast Iron Skillet: We have a whole post dedicated to Skillet Pork Chops. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and flip them about every one minute, till fully cooked.
- Grill: Heat grill over medium high heat. Grill 5 minutes, flip, then cook till done.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Heat a cast iron skillet on stove top on medium high heat. Once hot, sear the pork chops for 2 minutes. Flip the chops, then transfer to the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Air Fryer: Preheat air fryer to 400ºF. Cook pork chops 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Remember, cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chops, as well as if they are boneless or bone-in.
After cooking, transfer the pork chops to a plate, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
What to Serve with Marinated Pork Chops
The flavor imparted by the marinade is Mediterranean inspired, but not overpowering enough that these pork chops can’t go with just about anything.
Once you try our easy Pork Chop Marinade, you’ll never go with that bottled stuff again. Fresh is always best!
Make sure to save or pin this recipe so you always know where to find it. And don’t forget to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new recipes for you!
Pork Chop Marinade, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate pork chops for at least 1 hour.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.