Sheet Pan dinners, the perfect answer to fuss free weeknight meals! This Sheet Pan Chicken with colorful veggies not only looks very inviting, but every single bite is bursting with flavor.
Here, chicken bites and veggies are seasoned well with a zesty, herby marinade and cook on a sheet pan in about 30 minutes.
No more pots and pans to clean later, and so many ways to serve this sheet pan chicken with ample veggie power. Save this one for your “clean-the-fridge-out dinner”!!
Imagine you come home from work tired, but you need to eat and feed your family. All you want is to somehow magically make that dinner happen.
Well, this sheet pan chicken meal comes pretty close to that. All you are doing is dicing the meat and veggies and spreading it on your sheet pan.
Season it liberally with a quick marinade, then pop everything in the oven. Meanwhile, just relax and sip on that well earned wine while dinner is getting ready, in about 30 minutes. Sound good? Well, hear me out…
Make this Sheet Pan Chicken Tonight. Why? So Many Reasons!
- Easy and quick: As mentioned earlier, this happens super quick, is super easy, and happens in one pan… I mean on one sheet. So easy on post-dinner clean up.
- It’s light and healthy: When you use a rainbow of vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash and carrots along with protein, you are getting lots of good nutrients and a well balanced meal. It’s a great way to feed veggies to your little ones.
- It’s very flavorful: We’re giving you a simple but great marinade full of herbs and spices that deliver a punch when it comes to best tasting sheet pan chicken dinner.
- Hugely customizable: You can make this recipe with whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator. Save this for days when it’s time to clean up your fridge.
- Great for meal prepping with many serving options: It’s a perfect condenser for prepping or making ahead of time, and you are set for your future lunches. We will give you plenty of ways to serve this sheet pan chicken and veggies later in the post.
- Double up the recipe and make two trays to feed a crowd. Very family friendly.
- If you’re looking for low carb dinner options, this sheet pan chicken is your answer.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables Ingredients
- Chicken: We are using boneless, skinless chicken thighs today, as they are easy and yield juicy, tender bites. But if you prefer white meat, feel free to use chicken breast or chicken tenders. White meat will bake 5-8 minutes faster than dark meat.
- Veggies: Truly rainbow colored to make it look pretty. We used multi colored bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, red onion and broccoli.
- Marinade: Olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, fresh parsley, red chili flakes, salt, pepper.
- Parmesan cheese: Freshly grated for garnish.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe
1. Make the marinade: In a small bowl, mix olive oil with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, fresh parsley, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
2. Coat the chicken and veggies with marinade: Toss the marinade well with chicken and veggie pieces in a big bowl. Mix well so it is coated all over.
3. Bake the sheet pan chicken: Pre heat the oven to 400°F. Place the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly coat the sheet pan with nonstick spray. Spread chicken and veggies in a single layer on the greased sheet pan and bake it for 30 minutes. Broil for a few minutes at the end if needed. Garnish with grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Sheet Pan Chicken Tips
- Cook it at high temperature. We like it to bake the chicken and veggies at 400°F.
- Use a large sheet pan so the chicken and veggies can be spread in a single layer.
- Use the veggies with same cooking time. If using potatoes, sweet potatoes or butternut squash, give them a head start by baking them for additional time in the beginning, before adding the chicken and other veggies that cook in less time.
- Don’t overcook the chicken. Chicken thigh bites would take about 30 minutes to bake at 400°F, but chicken breast and tender bites would cook faster, in about 20-22 minutes.
- Garnish it with parmesan cheese and/or parsley for extra flavor.
Serving Suggestions for Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
- Rice/brown rice/quinoa: Top up your rice or any grain bowl with this sheet pan chicken and veggies.
- Pastas: Stir with any of your favorite pasta dishes, or couscous. Our Pesto Pasta and Fettuccine Alfredo would be great with these chicken and veggies added in. Or serve it with simple egg noodles.
- Believe it or not, it’s great in tacos. We tried it!! (now a days we try everything in a taco)
- For low carb followers, it’s a complete meal in itself. One pan chicken with veggies dinner, yum.
- Turn it into a salad.
Substitutions and Variations
1. Use different cuts of chicken like chicken breast or chicken tenders. Or even try different proteins like sausage or salmon with the same recipe.
2. Other veggies to play with: Potatoes and sweet potatoes are great here. They just need some heads up time to bake, so bake them 10 -12 minutes ahead of time before adding the rest of the veggies and chicken. Other vegetable options are brussels sprouts, green beans, asparagus, butternut squash, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
3. Use other herbs. Basil, rosemary or thyme will go great in this recipe.
Chicken and Vegetables Storage Tips
This sheet pan chicken and veggies refrigerates and freezes well, making it a perfect meal prep option.
To Store: Leftover chicken and veggies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To Reheat: Microwave it till it is warm through out. You can reheat it in a skillet on the stovetop too.
To Freeze: Store leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Though we love some of our complex recipes here on GypsyPlate, there are days when we just want something easy and quick, and sheet pan dinners are the way to go.
This sheet pan chicken delivers big time on flavors, and it’s very kind to you. Make a giant try of this super easy chicken and vegetable one pan meal, and you are all good.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables, on our Gypsy Plate… enjoy!
Want more quick and easy chicken recipes? Try our…
Chicken Stir Fry
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
Pesto Chicken Skillet
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Kung Pao Chicken
Tomato Basil Chicken
Sheet Pan Chicken
This effortless Sheet Pan Chicken with Veggies is just the weeknight dinner you need in your life. It's easy, healthy and delicious!
- 1¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced into chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced into chunks
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced into chunks
- 1 yellow squash, halved and sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red onion, diced in chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly coat the sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, fresh parsley, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss the marinade well with chicken and veggie pieces in a big bowl. Mix well so it is coated all over.
- Spread chicken and veggie in a single layer on greased sheet pan, and bake it for 30 minutes (see note). Broil if needed for a few minutes.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and serve immediately.
- If using chicken breast, bake it for 20 minutes, or till it is cooked, as chicken breast takes less time to cook than chicken thighs.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 173mgSodium 1168mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 39g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix.
Summer's here! Try these Blackstone Griddle Recipes!
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.