Not sure how to cook andouille sausage? This collection of easy Andouille Recipes has a huge variety of ways to prepare your favorite smoked pork sausage.
There are cozy soups, hearty pastas, tasty appetizers and a ton more Andouille Sausage ideas, the sky’s the limit!
Whether you’re hosting company or just looking for a super quick weeknight dinner, you’ll find something on this Andouille Sausage recipes list.
Go through this whole list, and never wonder “what to cook with andouille sausage?” again! Enjoy…
The Best Andouille Sausage Recipes:
1. Lowcountry Shrimp and Grits
Once you try just one bite of these Lowcountry Shrimp and Grits, you are going to plan on making this meal again and again.
Succulent shrimp and smoky andouille sausage are smothered in a savory gravy that tastes out of this world delicious.
If you’re on the lookout for a perfect company meal to feed a crowd, this Jambalaya recipe is it!
One of America’s most iconic dishes, this rice comes fully loaded with sausage, chicken, shrimp, veggies and a whole world of big flavors.
3. Shrimp Creole with Sausage
This Shrimp Creole with Andouille Sausage is a flavor bomb! Plump shrimp and hearty sausage in a great Creole seasoned tomato sauce. If you’re a fan of New Orleans style food like us, this one is going in your rotation!
4. Jambalaya Pasta (Pastalaya)
Jambalaya Pasta, aka Pastalaya, is a super tasty dish featuring shrimp, chicken and sausage smothered in a creamy, cheesy sauce full of New Orleans flavors.
This is surely one of our favorite spicy shrimp recipes.
5. Louisiana Style Red Beans and Rice
Beans and rice are a staple cheap dinner option. This Louisiana style red beans and rice recipes takes the flavors to a whole new level!
6. Jambalaya Soup
Jambalaya Soup! This hearty soup is boldly flavored with great Creole seasoning and is loaded with meats and veggies. It’s great on the stovetop, or in a slow cooker or instant pot.
7. Andouille Sausage and Chicken Pot Pie
This andouille sausage and chicken pot pie uses ingredients that are easily accessible, and pretty common – so you might already have them laying around the house. Combining that with an easy to make recipe and you’ve got a perfect match!
8. Andouille Sausage Skillet Pasta
Here’s a dish that your family will be asking for again and again. This andouille sausage pasta is wonderfully creamy and comforting, and cooks all in one pot!
9. Shrimp Boil
Seafood boils are a traditional party feast in the American south. This classic yet simple recipe includes your favorite shrimp, corn, potatoes and andouille sausage boiled with Old Bay Seasoning and other flavor enhancers.
10. Andouille Sausage with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Here’s an easy sheet pan dinner that is full of different flavors and textures. The spicy andouille sausage goes so well with the sweet potatoes and savory roasted brussels sprouts.
11. Cajun Orzo with Andouille Sausage
This Cajun Sausage and Orzo is a one pot casserole dish that comes together in no time, and has all the great flavors of New Orleans. So good!
12. Chicken, Crab and Andouille Gumbo
Gumbo – one of the quintessential dishes of Cajun and Creole cuisine. This version features crab, chicken and andouille sausage. Make a big batch and enjoy leftovers for days!
13. Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skewers
These spicy and delicious grilled Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skewers are just too good. The sweet shrimp and spicy andouille sausage compliment each other perfectly. We love them with a side of dirty rice.
14. Black Bean With Andouille Sausage Soup
This Black Bean with Andouille Sausage Soup is one of those comfort foods that happen when you combine some very simple ingredients. Once you try it, you’ll keep coming back to this easy and budget friendly dinner.
15. Cajun Lasagna Roll-Ups
These Cajun Lasagna Roll Ups are rich, creamy, spicy and decadent. Full of shrimp and andouille sausage, they are totally full of great flavors.
16. Andouille Sausage Vegetable Soup
Andouille Sausage Vegetable Soup is a cozy and flavorful pot, perfect for chilly fall and winter nights. It only takes about 25 minutes to put this meal on the table.
17. Cornbread Stuffing with Andouille Sausage
Take your favorite Thanksgiving side dish up a few notches with this great recipe. The addition of spicy and smoky andouille sausage imparts so much extra flavor on the cornbread stuffing.
18. Creamy Andouille Sausage and Potato Soup
You’re going to be blow away by how cozy and delicious this Andouille Sausage and Potato Soup is. And it all cooks in the slow cooker, which makes this a super easy meal.
19. Grilled Andouille Dogs
Fire up the grill, these Andouille Dogs with Jalapeño Coleslaw are going to be your new summertime favorite recipe. Cook them at your next potluck and watch the guests chow down!
20. Cajun Pepper Shrimp with Creamed Corn Orzo
We’re wrapping up with one of our favorite andouille sausage recipes. Shrimp, andouille and peppers are sautéed with spicy Cajun seasonings, then served with sweet creamed corn orzo. It’s an amazing combination!
So there you go, twenty great andouille sausage recipes for you to try. Don’t they all look delicious? Which ones will make their way into your regular rotation?
Save or pin this collection of dishes to cook with andouille sausage, so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 8oz penne pasta
- 12oz andouille sausage
- 8oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8oz boneless skinless thigh or breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Divide 1 tsp of the Creole seasoning between the shrimp and chicken so they can marinate for a few minutes while you’re prepping the other ingredients.
- Cook pasta to your preferred doneness, according to the directions on the package.
- Heat oil in a pot (or very large skillet) over medium high heat. Sear shrimp 1-2 minutes per side, then remove to a plate.
- Add chicken and sausage. Brown 5-6 minutes.
- Push the meats to the edge of the pan, then add in the onion, peppers and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, until they veggies start to soften.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, hot sauce and remaining Creole seasoning. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and shredded parmesan cheese. One the cheese melts and the sauce is a uniform consistency, stir back in the shrimp along with the cooked pasta.
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.