Not sure how to cook kielbasa sausage? This collection of easy Kielbasa Recipes has a huge variety of ways to prepare your favorite smoked sausage.
There are cozy soups, hearty pastas, tasty appetizers and a ton more ideas, the sky’s the limit!
Whether you’re hosting company or just looking for a super quick weeknight dinner, you’ll find something on this list.
Go through this whole list, and never wonder “what to cook with kielbasa?” again! Enjoy…
This national dish of the Netherlands is a comfort food you need in your life.
Potatoes are mashed with other veggies, then topped with smoked sausage. So good!
2. Cabbage and Kielbasa Skillet
You are going to love the simplicity of this cabbage and kielbasa skillet. It all comes together in about 30 minutes.
Serve with rice or noodles, or on its own for a low carb dinner.
3. Low Country Boil (Frogmore Stew)
Seafood boils are a traditional party feast in the American south. This classic yet simple recipe includes your favorite shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage boiled with Old Bay Seasoning and other flavor enhancers.
4. Ultimate Chili
This giant batch of Ultimate Chili is loaded with three types of meat and three types of beans. Go ahead and have seconds, there will still be plenty for leftovers!
5. Creamy Potato Kielbasa and White Cheddar Soup
Now here’s a super cozy soup. Creamy Potato Kielbasa and White Cheddar Soup is your potato soup taken to the next level with sausage pieces and plenty of cheese. So good!
6. Hawaiian Kielbasa Kebabs
Hawaiian Kielbasa Kebabs are the perfect combination of smoky, salty and sweet. These are sure to be one of your favorite summer recipes!
7. Kielbasa Chili Dip
This Kielbasa Chili Dip recipe will become your go-to party dip. It’s super cheesy a full of sausage, beans and other goodies. Just bring plenty of chips for dipping!
8. Sheet Pan Jambalaya
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya is a healthy version of classic Jambalaya, with just as much flavor.
This flavorful keto Jambalaya has kielbasa and shrimp, swaps the rice for cauliflower rice. Plus, it’s cooked on a sheet pan, which makes it pretty unique.
9. Kielbasa with Creamy Mustard Pasta
Kielbasa with Creamy Mustard Pasta is a fantastic pasta dish. The kielbasa and mustard go together perfectly and makes this pasta dish extremely scrumptious.
10. Cabbage Kielbasa and Potato Soup
Cabbage Kielbasa and Potato Soup is a hearty pot perfect for a winter night. Kielbasa sausage and lots of fresh vegetables are simmered in a flavorful broth. YUM!
11. Kielbasa Baked Beans
These Kielbasa Baked Beans are the best new side dish for your summer cookouts. Bring these to your next potluck and be ready for the guests to ask for your recipe!
12. Sheet Pan Kielbasa Potatoes and Green Beans
We love sheet pan meals because they’re so easy to make, and clean up after. This Sheet Pan Kielbasa, Potatoes and Green Beans is a great example. Perfect dish for any busy weeknight!
13. Sausage Stew
This Sausage Stew is a comfy cozy dish with sausage and veggies in a rich, savory broth. This may become your go-to winter warmer.
14. Kielbasa and Potato Foil Packs
Kielbasa and Potato Foil Packs are an easy, no mess meal that you’re going to love. Just wrap sausage, veggies and potatoes in foil, then grill. Everyone will get their own personal pack!
15. Brown Sugar Kielbasa Bites
This recipe is so easy, with just 3 ingredients. Kielbasa bites are simmered in a sticky sweet sauce that pairs perfectly with the smokiness. This is a great holiday appetizer.
16. Kielbasa Vegetable Soup
Here’s a tasty soup that is hearty, healthy and family friendly. It’s a great winter warmer that has tons of different fresh veggies along with smoked sausage.
17. Smoked Sausage Casserole
This Smoked Sausage Casserole is a quick and easy dish that your family will love.
It has kielbasa, hash browns and plenty of cheese, and hardly takes any hands on time. This recipe is extremely delicious comfort food for your loved ones!
18. Grilled Kielbasa Rolls
Fire up the grill! These Grilled Kielbasa Rolls with sautéed onions, sauerkraut, cheese and white barbeque sauce are going to be your new favorite weekend lunch.
19. Kielbasa Pasta Bake
Kielbasa Pasta is a hearty and delicious casserole dinner to make any day of the week. The recipe is a healthier and lighter version of classic comfort food, as it uses turkey kielbasa. This pasta bake comes together quickly and can be prepared ahead of time for a tasty family dinner.
20. One Pan Kielbasa Hash
This Kielbasa Hash recipe is a great anytime meal that’s loaded with kielbasa and fresh veggies. It only takes 30 minutes, and all cooks in one skillet!
21. Sausage and Rice Skillet
This one skillet rice dish with smoked sausage and peppers will be ready to go on your table in 30 minutes. Sounds good to my ears and eyes.
22. Kielbasa Breakfast Skillet
Now here’s how to feed a crowd! This Breakfast Skillet is loaded with kielbasa, veggies, hash browns and eggs. It’s easy to make and will keep you full a long time.
23. Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
This hearty breakfast casserole is made with filling ingredients like sausage, hash brows and cheese. It’s made in the crock pot with minimum hands on time.
24. BBQ Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa
This easy recipe is a must addition to your cookouts. Kielbasa sausages are wrapped in bacon, slathered in BBQ sauce, then grilled to a crispy perfection. It’s an amazing appetizer that all will love.
25. Creamy Bean Soup with Sausage
Here’s a soup that you’ll be cooking all winter long. This Creamy Bean Soup with Sausage has plenty of flavorful ingredients, and it only takes about half an hours. Great weeknight dinner!
26. Polish Sausage Tacos
You can never go wrong with tacos! These feature kielbasa sausage, bell peppers and sauerkraut , and can be topped with your favorite toppings. Don’t wait till Tuesday to cook these!
27. Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Green Beans
Put your slow cooker to use and cook this easy kielbasa, potatoes and green beans recipe. It’s one of those recipes where you just put everything in your crockpot, then let it do the work!
28. Thai Red Curry Sausage Fried Rice
This Thai Red Curry Sausage Fried Rice is a great recipe that has a balance of many flavors that end up going really well together. It’s so simple and easy to make, on the table in about 20 minutes.
29. Slow Cooker Kielbasa Cabbage Stew
We love this rustic stew. It’s so rich and flavorful, and uses basic ingredients you probably already have on hand. Perfect comfort food for cozy nights.
30. Kielbasa and Pierogis Sheet Pan Meal
Combine two of the most well known Polish foods, Kielbasa and Pierogis, onto one sheet pan. It’s an easy and delicious meal for your whole family!
So there you go, thirty amazing kielbasa recipes for you to try. They’re all so delicious! Which ones will make their way into your regular rotation?
Save or pin this collection of great recipes so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 1lb kielbasa sausage
- 3lbs potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp butter or oil
- 1 bunch kale (about 12oz), cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 cup milk, warmed
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, for garnish
- Add potatoes to a large pot, fill with cold water till potatoes are covered, and bay leaves and generously salt water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft, then drain off water and remove bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter or oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped shallots and garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add the kale along with ¼ cup of water and steam until the kale is tender. Keep an eye on it, the water will dry out and need to be replenished before the kale gets soft.
- Mash the potatoes along with butter, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Once smooth, stir in kale mixture.
- Cook the kielbasa according to your preferred method. We simply sautéed it in the same pan as the kale (after the kale had been removed).
- Serve a generous heap of the stamppot, top with sliced kielbasa, and give each serving a nice drizzle of olive oil (about 1 tablespoon).
- Let me know which recipes you try, I love hearing from you!
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.