If you’re looking for some great Grouper Recipes, you’ve come to the right place! Grouper is such a great fish, with it’s mild flavor and big firm flakes. And it’s so versatile!
We’ve compiled this great collection of recipes, so you never have to think “what to cook with grouper?” again.
From simple light dishes, to chowders and stews, sandwiches and tacos, you’ll find plenty of interesting new ways to prepare your favorite fish.
Cook your way through all these delicious and easy grouper recipes, you’re sure to find a new favorite. Have fun…
1. Mediterranean Fish with Tapenade
Starting off this list is one of our favorite grouper recipes, our own Mediterranean Fish. The fish is pan seared and topped with a tomato and olive tapenade. It’s so good!
2. Bahamian Boiled Fish
Hearty, flaky fish simmered in a delicious broth with potatoes, onions, tons of lime juice and a bit of hot kick. This is classic island comfort food!
3. Psari Plaki
This Greek baked fish, Psari Plaki, is a great addition to your recipe collection. Flaky fish with light, fresh and vibrant Mediterranean flavors.
4. Grilled Grouper with Lime Butter
This grilled grouper recipe is super easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. The grouper fillet is brushed with a lime butter and then grilled to perfection. It’s a light and tasty treat!
5. Grouper Sandwich
If you’re looking for a great seafood lunch option, try this great grouper sandwich. The fish is quickly pan seared, then gets topped with a vibrant mojo mayo.
6. Blackened Grouper
Give your grouper a little kick! This great recipe uses a homemade blackening seasoning to give your fish some great flavors.
7. Lemon Butter Grouper Tacos
You may know by now that I love tacos. These grouper tacos are no exception. They’re ready in 10 minutes and feature a homemade honey-mustard sauce.
8. Fish Chowder
This hearty bowl of fish chowder is Bermuda inspired and is super flavorful. It’s packed with veggies and loads of herbs and seasonings.
9. Oven Baked Parmesan Grouper
For a super easy weeknight meal, try this baked grouper recipe. The fish is slathered in sour cream and parmesan cheese, then your oven does the rest!
Ceviche is a famous Latin appetizer of raw fish soaked in citrus juice. This recipe also features onions, tomatoes, avocado and cilatro. Make sure you have plenty of tortillas for scooping!
11. Pan Fried Grouper with Red Pepper Sauce
For another easy meal, try this pan fried fish recipe. It’s topped with an amazing homemade red pepper sauce. YUMMM.
12. Spaghetti With Fish, Scampi and Clam Sauce
If you love mixing seafood like we do, try this yummy pasta recipe. It has grouper, shrimp and clams in a tomato sauce, then everything is tossed with spaghetti.
13. Grouper Fritters
For a taste of the islands, try these crispy, key lime infused grouper fritters. They’re a fun appetizer that are sure to please a crowd.
14. Mediterranean Grouper with Tomatoes and Olives
This easy baked Mediterranean grouper recipe features briny kalamata olives, gorgeous cherry tomatoes, garlic and fresh dill for a light and refreshing combination of flavors!
15. Pan Seared Grouper with Mango Salsa
If you love mangoes (and I know I sure do), you have to try this recipe. Pan seared grouper is topped with homemade mango salsa. The post also featured a coconut rice recipe for a perfect side dish.
16. Bacon Lobster Stuffed Grouper
Bacon lobster stuffed grouper…. Wow, doesn’t that sound like something you would find in a super expensive restaurant? This elegant dish comes together in only 30 minutes and is perfect for impressing someone special.
17. Grouper Reuben
Your favorite Rueben sandwich with a twist! Broiled grouper, sauerkraut and homemade Russian dressing all loaded in between grilled rye bread. That sounds like the perfect lunch!
18. Pan Seared Grouper with Lemon Butter Sauce
If you need to get a tasty meal on the table super fast, this pan seared grouper with lemon butter is the answer. This easy recipe comes together in under 15 minutes, but tastes amazing.
19. Fish Lettuce Wraps
For a light, low carb dinner that’s still fun to eat, try these fish lettuce wraps. Strips of fish, cooked with your desired method, tucked in tender lettuce leaves along with tomato avocado corn salsa. All in about 20 minutes!
We’re finishing off our list with one of our favorites, Moqueca. This Brazilian fish stew has a creamy, coconut based broth. You have to try this one!
So there you go, twenty great ways to cook grouper. The only question now is, which to try first?
Pin or bookmark this collection of great recipes so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 1 lb grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 lemon, half squeezed and half for garnish
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 7-8 sprigs of thyme
- 3-4 sprigs of oregano
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Start by finely chopping olives, capers, roasted red peppers and garlic. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop fresh herbs.
- Heat all of olive oil, except for 2-3 tablespoons, in a pan over medium heat. Add in cherry tomato halves and garlic and give it a good stir. Cook till the garlic starts getting aromatic, about two minutes. Stir in chopped roasted bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the chopped herbs. Give it a mix. Add chopped olives and capers and cook for a couple more minutes. Stir in a splash of lemon juice and drizzle a little bit more olive oil.
- Season grouper with paprika, fresh cracked pepper and salt on both sides. and then dust it lightly with flour on both sides.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add grouper and cook 10 minutes per inch thickness, turning halfway through.
- Plate the grouper and top it generously with prepared tapenade. Garnish with some more fresh herbs and lemon wedges.
- Let me know which recipes you try, I love hearing from you!
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.