If you’re looking for some great Tuna Steak Recipes, you’ve come to the right place! Fresh tuna is such a delicious fish, and can be so versatile if you know how to cook it!
We’ve compiled this great collection of recipes with Tuna Steak, so you never have to think “what to cook with tuna steak?” again.
The next time you come across some nice sushi grade tuna, this list will show you fifteen great Tuna Steak dishes to make with it.
Cook your way through all these delicious and easy tuna steak recipes, you’re sure to find a new favorite. Have fun…
1. Tuna Tataki Bowl
Tataki and poke bowls are getting super popular right now, and for a good reason. These Hawaiian inventions are delicious! This bowl features briefly cooked tuna with a variety of heathy accompaniments.
2. Seared Ahi Tuna
Now this is something easy and simple, but super delish. The tuna just gets a quick hot sear, then is topped with an easy Asian sauce. If your new to cooking tune, this is a great place to start!
3. Sicilian Style Grilled Tuna Steaks
These Sicilian Style Tuna Steaks are amazing! The tuna is grilled and comes with a delicious cooked Sicilian salad consisting of tomatoes, olives, capers, roasted red peppers and fresh herbs. YUMMM.
4. Ahi Tuna Tacos
Everyone loves tacos, right? They’re always such a fun meal. This taco recipe features marinated ahi tuna and your choice of toppings.
5. Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna Steaks and Potatoes
Sheet pan meals are so easy, and require so little cleanup! This tasty recipe has tuna steaks and potatoes with an herby lemon marinade.
6. Ahi Tuna Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
For a light a fresh dinner, try this ahi tuna salad. It has seared tuna along with bell peppers, avocado, wontons, spiralized carrots and cucumbers. It is all topped with a great homemade sesame ginger dressing.
7. Grilled Blackened Tuna Steaks
These grilled blackened tuna steaks are a great summertime dinner. They have a great homemade blackening seasoning and can be ready in 10 minutes from start to finish!
8. Mediterranean Tuna Steaks
Give your tuna a Mediterranean makeover with this great recipe. The tuna steaks are joined tomatoes, olives, olive oil, capers, and fresh herbs. So delicious!
9. Spicy Brown Rice Seared Tuna Roll Bowl
Here’s a healthy tuna recipe full of a variety of great flavors. The sesame crusted salmon is joined by plenty of fresh veggies atop a bed of brown rice. All gets topped with an amazing mango chimichurri.
10. Ahi Tuna Sandwich
This ahi tuna sandwich is amazing! Lightly seared sushi grade tuna on a kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato and wasabi mayo. It’s a great healthier alternative to a hamburger!
11. Mexican Tuna Steak with Avocado Salsa and Red Peppers
I love this next tuna steak recipe! The tuna steaks are seasoned with Mexican spices, pan seared, and topped with avocado salsa and grilled red peppers. So good!
12. Sesame Crusted Tuna Steaks
These tuna steaks are crusted in black and white sesame seeds before being quickly seared. They’re topped off with a soy ginger vinaigrette that perfectly compliments the flavors.
13. Tuna Meatballs
Who knew you could make meatballs out of tuna? These homemade tuna meatballs are delicious and make a great healthier option to regular ground beef.
14. Seared Tuna Lettuce Cups
These seared tuna lettuce cups make a great lunch or light dinner. They come with a tasty homemade wasabi aioli sauce that perfectly compliments the tuna.
15. Seared Peppercorn Tuna Steak
Wrapping up our list of tuna steak recipes, we have this great peppercorn encrusted tuna. It’s served over a bed of spinach with strawberry vinaigrette and has great flavor enhancers like pine nuts and goat cheese!
So there you go, twenty great ways to cook tuna steak. The only question now is, which to try first?
Pin or bookmark this collection of great tuna steak recipes so you always know where to find it. And be sure to subscribe to GypsyPlate, we’re always cooking up new easy recipes for you!
- 1lb Albacore tuna steak
For marinade & dressing
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
For tataki bowl
- 2 cups cooked grains
- 1 mango, diced
- 10 baby carrots or 1 big carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups of edamame
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Mix all the ingredients of marinade. Reserve 2 tbsp of this marinade as dressing in a small bowl. Use rest to marinate tuna. You can marinate at least 30 minutes to couple of hours in refrigerator.
- Cook the grains according to the instruction on packet.
- Chop and dice the veggies and fruit.
- Heat oil to smoking hot in a pan. Pat dry the fish and place it in a pan.
- Watch closely as you are searing the fish. Cook 30-45 seconds per side to make it cooked outside and rare in the middle.
- Rest for couple of minutes and cut into thin slices with sharp knife.
- Place cooked rice in a bowl. Arrange fish slices along with diced mangoes, chopped red cabbage, edamame. Drizzle the dressing over all of your bowl. Sprinkle sesame seeds generously.
- Let me know which recipes you try, I love hearing from you!
Never miss a recipe!
Join the GypsyPlate mailing list and get easy dinner recipes right in your mailbox. From homestyle comfort food to exotic dishes from around the world.